Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hartford, CT - Leibert Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Supposedly there are 8 Supercharger stalls under construction at the Pride Travel Center Hydrogen Station at 195 Leibert Rd in Hartford, CT. The entire rest stop is presently under construction and will be open “soon” but don’t know when exactly. I saw this on a PlugShare location but there were no photos, but I think there is a good chance that there are Superchargers here. Can anyone local go check this location out?
Check out PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
79134943-A1FD-484C-B283-44A2BFFB84A4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like CT is very pro-FCEV. Too bad they are much less pro-EV.
That was an interesting article concerning CT's misguided efforts to promote FCEV's to state consumers. Written by "Gasworld", the H2 slant is quite evident. (From the author, "Auto dealers have largely embraced electric vehicles", LOL!). It's also humorous that Fleming and CARA are playing nice with the storyline. They're likely not dumb enough to believe that a few H2 stations in CT will satisfy the concept of "build it and they will come". CARA currently has zero FCEV sales and availability. They are free to make false promises that manufacturers could someday provide their dealerships with significant numbers of FCEV's to sell. The benefit of such a claim is an FCEV endorsement provides them another talking point to generate more FUD to oppose Tesla's direct sales model.

Except during commuter hours, that Jennings Road exit SC location is pretty easy for on and off I-91. Since it's parallel with the northbound lanes I'm amazed that construction wasn't spotted earlier. One explanation could be that few Tesla drivers ever hang out over in the right lane.;)

Reactions: MarcoRP and EdA
Hydrogen station opening is being timed to coincide with rollout of Toyota Mirai fuel cell car in New England - should be this Spring 2019.

"New England". Thanks to regional credit pooling, they only need to lobby one New England state to subsidize HFCVs and they're covered. Similarly with EVs. Niro EV won't even be in inventory in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine.

I'm loving it. My wife travels between NYC and Boston at least once a month. This will make her very happy.

Kudos to Pride and CT. We need some of that in MA.

There is a SC in Manchester right off 84 just outside Hartford which is a better location for the NYC to Boston run. This charger is just North of Hartford on 91. Just used the Manchester charger on that trip and it is at the end of an outdoor mall with lots of choices for shopping or eating.