Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hartford, CT - Leibert Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True for stations currently in construction. Not quite true overall. Incline Village, NV took 448 days to come online.

View attachment 513903
Now it is true overall, at 449 days under construction, making it the longest ever in North America. MMWAHAHAH!!!

D9099E74-4058-4E8F-899E-0459DD46FE39.jpeg

Stopped by today, Saturday May 16 2020. Gorgeous weather and this site has nicely maintained landscaping too. The electric meter is on.
But alas, still no Supercharging.

The Tesla logos are not illuminated, so my attempt at plugging in and charging was futile. I'm not claiming it shows as an active Supercharger on the in-car navigation, I was just trying as an experiment, in case it had been activated recently by some miracle.
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1663.JPG

Last edited:
Stopped by yesterday and tried plugging in, no power. A lot of the grass is overgrown, the pavement near some of the gas pumps doesn't seem to be finished and the it doesn't look like the inside of the station has been touched. Attached are some pics I've taken of the Supercharger.

Cannot wait until these open up!

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1786.jpeg
    IMG_1786.jpeg
    789.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1785.jpeg
    IMG_1785.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1784.jpeg
    IMG_1784.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 124
I heard that Tesla or the local power suppliers are working on a new plan.....keep it between us though.....they build out a Supercharger in a location, everything is done, the lines, the stalls, the power supply, and THEY DON'T PUT IT ONLINE....brilliant right....it will be like a historical landmark that millions from around the world will come and visit in due time....old people will wave their canes and tell their grand children "I remember when that was put in !!" The goal is to hold the WORLD RECORD for holding out and Connecticut is SO PROUD of their record of 574 days of a beautifully build Supercharger that people from around the globe and come and admire, as long as they don't want to use it for any actual purpose.......Good luck to all those other states trying to work on this plan !!!!!

The goal is to hold the WORLD RECORD for holding out and Connecticut is SO PROUD of their record of 574 days of a beautifully build Supercharger that people from around the globe and come and admire, as long as they don't want to use it for any actual purpose
It's not even close to a world record. It'll have to settle for the North American record. There are currently 3 sites in the UK that have it beat by more than 500 days or 700 days and are also still accruing days.

Todays rankings:
  1. (tie) Brighthouse Northbound & Southbound, UK -- 1265 days in construction
  2. Fleet Southbound, UK -- 1081 days in construction
  3. Hartford - Leibert Rd, CT -- 574 days in construction

From Mayors Office: "This project began years ago, before Mayor Bronin took office. Pride approached the City to buy 11 parcels of land to develop their station, completed the purchase in 2015.

They set out to do their construction, then learned that a small portion of the land they intended to develop on – not sold to them by the City, was owned by someone else. It took them a long time to buy that property from that owner, who was reluctant to sell it. That sale was completed in 2019.

State law requires Pride to hire an engineer and monitor the work and then certify to the City that the work was done appropriately. They did not. And that decision led to a variety of issues and delays.

Mayors office says it is a forward-thinking project, and they hope it succeeds. Hartford officials have met with Pride many times over the years to explain exactly what they need to do to abide by State and local law.

Regarding current status: Pride began pulling permits for the project in 2015, and they’ve done a great deal of construction. They have been seeking to open the station partially as they continue work on the rest of the project. In January 2020, building dept approved that plan, but only if they completed the lighting and submitted an application for full compliance with the site plan. Only this past Monday Sept, 28, 2020 Pride began pulling permits for the lighting. The city planners office told Pride in May, July, and August that they needed to finish some things. City did not receive a response to the last email from August.

They need to meet these requirements for Tesla & Liquide to operate.

Last edited: