Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hattiesburg, MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new 8-stall Supercharger is under construction in Hattiesburg Mississippi. The Supercharger will be located at Turtle Creek Crossing (6109 US-98 W, Hattiesburg, MS 39402, United States). This location appeared on PlugShare less than 20 minutes ago, but with no photos. Since, I’ve done a quick search on Twitter and found a Tweet by Stirling Properties (from 2019-07-02) announcing there will be Superchargers at this mall and another one in McComb! I’ll make another thread for that location and update Supercharge Info!
BAF2F511-6EC2-44A0-BD4E-C9E87A9871D3.jpeg
AEBF6BE0-1FDF-496C-83C9-F4E5CC23CF39.jpeg

EDIT: Photos of construction have been added on PlugShare!
90DE6212-E960-4C53-9294-D935BB5BBF42.jpeg
47D80881-4373-46E5-834A-3F20E59FDADC.jpeg

Hattiesburg, MS

Along Primary Interstates: I-59
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-11, US-49, US-98
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-59

To: Meridian, MS - 91.6 miles
Diversion: 3.2 miles
To: Birmingham, AL - 234.7 miles

To: Mobile, AL (US-98, I-59, I-65) - 98 miles

This is a good addition.
- split the gap from Slidell, LA to Meriden, MS so that it "completes" I-59. Not ideal placement for I-59, but not terrible.
- splits Mobile, AL and Pearl, MS, which according to Supercharge.info/Mapbox is on the fastest route between Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Florida.
- it's close to 3 different US Numbered Highways, for more dense future coverage.

Stirling Properties also hosts Slidell, LA and will host Lafayette, LA.
On their website, their featured properties seem mainly to be in Louisiana, so no obvious holes to fill in the map.
Featured Properties | Stirling Properties

Hattiesburg, MS

- splits Mobile, AL and Pearl, MS, which according to Supercharge.info/Mapbox is on the fastest route between Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Florida.
I did this leg earlier this summer in my power hungry P85+ going from Fla to Dallas. I left Mobile with a 95% charge and the car planner said I'd arrive at Pearl with only 5%, closer than I usually like, but I had been doing better than the planner on this trip. For the first half of the leg it didn't budge off 5% but in the end I arrived with 15% remaining. Hattiesburg would have made it easier.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson
Pictures were taken yesterday. It looks like it was pulled off of PlugShare until it is completed.

It's still there on Plugshare, just hidden. It's set to "wall outlet" and "restricted" to keep it off the default view of average users. This is the compromise that seems to work for everyone -- it gives us something to reference, but keeps it mostly out of view.

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Reactions: jehazel
This is so dope! This puts supercharging everywhere I go regularly - I live between Hattiesburg and McComb, and go to both places often.

Yes! I've been waiting on these 2. I live in Jackson and getting the Biloxi/Gulfport for a business day trip has been impossible. This should round out the state of MS. This also helps us beach go'ers that like Orange Beach/Destin. Its pretty easy to get a full charge while in Orange Beach/Destin, but having to stop an hour into a 4-5 hour trip home in Mobile is painful.

Where do you reliably charge in OB/Destin? Can you reliably use Lulu's and The Gulf for topping off? We usually go to PCB but there is just not much in the way of useful charging unless staying where there is a destination charger.

I'm glad to see Mississippi getting some supercharger love. Just wish Alabama (esp. Montgomery) and the Gulf Coast would get some.

Where do you reliably charge in OB/Destin? Can you reliably use Lulu's and The Gulf for topping off? We usually go to PCB but there is just not much in the way of useful charging unless staying where there is a destination charger.

I'm glad to see Mississippi getting some supercharger love. Just wish Alabama (esp. Montgomery) and the Gulf Coast would get some.

In OB we go to the Gulf. Eat, Hang out for a bit. Its probably not the definition of reliable, but its worked for us the 2 times we've been. Knowing the Mobile SC is so close leaving OB is never really tricky.

We stay at the Hilton in Destin. They have a few chargers set up. Destin is supposed to get a SC at some point right? Not sure OB will ever get one.

I hope Tuscaloosa get the next on in AL. I'd die happy if I never have to stop and charge in Birmingham ever again.

Reactions: jehazel and 1speed

For PCB, the community college right there across the Hathaway bridge has some J-1772 chargers which work great. There are some picnic tables and such you can hang out at or a running path (which goes across the bridge) if you want to get a work out in while you wait.

DC chargers at Pier Park would be great! There is a new Busy Bee going in on back beach road. I’m hoping they have the forethought to install some EV chargers as well.

Reactions: j_beas
No change, cabinets across from the stalls, 1/8 ICEd. Photo by Dale on PlugShare
F3BB2824-7194-495C-AE75-68AE2969FCF6.jpeg
B6C262BA-E568-48A0-9128-432CB4617915.jpeg

Attachments

• A917E52D-D6B9-49B6-8DD1-EABAB4270D7C.jpeg
    A917E52D-D6B9-49B6-8DD1-EABAB4270D7C.jpeg
    733.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 15D2DE98-4C61-4B1C-8BEF-15292A739903.jpeg
    15D2DE98-4C61-4B1C-8BEF-15292A739903.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 112
  • 6F1EF8B8-2AE5-4A00-BB00-FE066D232331.jpeg
    6F1EF8B8-2AE5-4A00-BB00-FE066D232331.jpeg
    784.4 KB · Views: 119