Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hawthorne, CA - Tesla Design Center (CLOSED TO PUBLIC 19 Jul 2021, 8 V2 + 2 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite a few locals (via Twitter) have checked it out and haven’t seen a change. Maybe Tesla will eventually close it up for private events only
My guess is that this is a step-wise approach. Take it off the map, so that no new drivers will even know it ever existed, drivers not on this forum will think it is gone, and as usage trickles down, eventually limit it to employees and visitors.

I've never been. Now I'm debating driving 90 mins to visit it before one can't get on premises. See a rocket, the surrounding SpaceX/Tesla buildings, etc. Is it worth it?

I'd do it (easy for me to say, I've been there already). It's kind of historic, as Superchargers go, and its styling is different from any other Supercharger site I can think of.

(I imagine you'd still be able to see most of the buildings and the Falcon 9 even after the Supercharger closes, because those are all visible from public roads.)

Bruce.

I've never been. Now I'm debating driving 90 mins to visit it before one can't get on premises. See a rocket, the surrounding SpaceX/Tesla buildings, etc. Is it worth it?
There’s also a large supercharger “statue”

Is it worth seeing. Sure. Is it worth 1.5 hour drive? Not really. Although my drive to work use to be 1.5 hours. LoL who am i to say?

Attachments

• 1156948B-8632-4080-B4BE-C091A3375E24.jpeg
    1156948B-8632-4080-B4BE-C091A3375E24.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 162
I won’t lie, it’s a pretty cool area. There‘s the Falcon 9, the oversized Supercharger, and the hyperloop prototype in the neighborhood. I’d consider making a quick trip up to see it.

Reactions: PLUS EV
others have said security is there and one can't take pictures. does that refer to the big SC sign area or were people being dumb taking pics of other areas? would be cool to get a pic in front of the big oversized SC with the car.

When we were there years ago, we were requested not to take pictures inside the design center lobby (but I believe security had no problem with us using the restrooms? it's been awhile). One of the notable displays in the design center was a screen showing top Supercharger usage, although that display has existed in other places as well (e.g. Kettleman City, CA Supercharger lounge; Dublin, CA showroom). As far as I remember there weren't any issues taking pictures outside, e.g. with the Supercharger monolith. There are a number of photos upthread, taken in the Supercharger area itself. Things could have changed since then, YMMV.

Bruce.

I believe this Supercharger has been dismantled entirely (not unexpected when it closed to the public). It appears that Tesla has completely reconfigured this location; I cannot confirm if all chargers have also been removed without being able to see them in person. Might be worth it if someone can swing by and take a peak.

January 2020
1694760279939.png

And June 2023
1694760337146.png

This confirms that not only are some of the chargers gone, but the original supercharger statue has been deleted. :(

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and DDotJ