Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hay, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger may be coming soon to Hay, NSW.

I recently came across the Hay Shire Council minutes from April 26th, in which they discussed a Supercharger installation in the Caledonian car park (72 Lachlan St).

Hay.jpg

Hay Map.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing a bit of digging I can't seem to find any more details than this. Often it's in the agenda but I think most of it was discussed in closed council sessions, with only this section on public record.

Also it doesn't mention *super*chargers, but Tesla doesn't give away destination chargers anymore, nor do they lease land in order to install them, so this is definitely superchargers.

Doing a bit of digging I can't seem to find any more details than this. Often it's in the agenda but I think most of it was discussed in closed council sessions, with only this section on public record.

Also it doesn't mention *super*chargers, but Tesla doesn't give away destination chargers anymore, nor do they lease land in order to install them, so this is definitely superchargers.

I contacted Council shortly after the find and they did confirm these are Superchargers

Great find @MarcoRP
Added to our Wiki index for Australia - Wiki - Supercharger - Australian Index

First proposed superchargers on the Sturt Highway.

350km from the nearest at Gundagai, so possibly needs an infill for older cars (maybe Narrandera), and then 300km from Hay to Mildura. And then another near Renmark or Berri gets you to Adelaide or Tailem Bend.

(The Sturt Hwy is already covered by the NRMA (a local motoring association) 50kW network, but the more and faster chargers the better)

Last edited:
First proposed superchargers on the Sturt Highway.

350km from the nearest at Gundagai, so possibly needs an infill for older cars (maybe Narrandera), and then 300km from Hay to Mildura. And then another near Renmark or Berri gets you to Adelaide or Tailem Bend.
Yes, I assume this is ultimately for Sydney/Canberra - Adelaide via the Hay Plain.

Yes, I assume this is ultimately for Sydney/Canberra - Adelaide via the Hay Plain.

Execelent news! A Sydney Adelaide corridor! Location is great for the day, in the meainstreet near its facilities. Not so much for out of hours / raining, about a 500m walk to the Shell servo, still not complaining in Hay, besides the fuel companies will add chargers one day.

Looks like a big carpark at the location, its a bout time Tesla gave consideration to pull through spots for trailers. A charger in Wagga Wagga is needed along with the one in Neranderra, serves another purpose for people traveling up the Newell

Reactions: Gayle S
Responses from General Manager on ongoing business on '22-055 Tesla charging stations at the Caledonian Car Park'

May:
"Response:
Discussions with proponent ongoing."

June:
"Response:
Discussions with proponent ongoing.
Further meeting held on site and updated
agreement has been received"

September:
"Response:
Discussions with proponent ongoing.
Further meeting held on site and updated
agreement has been received.
Agreement signed with Tesla. Works to occur
on site in due course"

I've just updated the address to 407 Moppett St and the stall count to 6 on supercharge.info - based on the info from: NSW EV charging master plan
I don't think the address of 407 Moppett is correct. It is the site of the Hay Shire Council with no public parking. I think something has been lost in translation here. Maybe as the real site is council own and this is the address of the owner. I think the original address/location was correct as per the council meeting minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: cafz
I don't think the address of 407 Moppett is correct. It is the site of the Hay Shire Council with no public parking. I think something has been lost in translation here. Maybe as the real site is council own and this is the address of the owner. I think the original address/location was correct as per the council meeting minutes.
Ah, I did think it looked a bit odd, but put it down to out of date Google imagery! That explanation makes sense.

@Chuq The pin for this in supercharge.info did not get updated. The original address of 72 Lachlan Street Hay is correct and specifically the pin here shows the confirmed location as shown in recent March council meeting minutes where a further easement for the electrical run and transformer were approved.

1682294968273.png

1682295218434.png

1682295055544.png

Item resolved in favour of created easement for charging station.

And further council reports show that,
1682295691016.png

Last edited:
This is a huge game changer for me, we often do a family trip Sydney to Adelaide to visit family and always stay overnight in Hay. While there is the free NRMA charger, and I would use this if staying overnight, there is always a chance it is broken and having the superchargers as a backup is a big plus and reduce my wifes range anxiety issues!

Reactions: Vostok and Hairyman