TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Haymarket, VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Lanny, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Lanny

Lanny ~

A permit has been issued for a Tesla Supercharger at the Sheetz at 15315 Washington St., Haymarket, VA.

It will have eight stalls along the north end of the property along Washington St. Thanks @morrisdl. cc: @BlueShift

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.20.49 PM.png

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  2. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

At 66 and 15..

Seems like no nonfast food eating options though. Just McD's subway

3. mrjwen

mrjwen VA: PLUGS IN

Awesome! Great to start seeing locations on the I-66 corridor!

• Like x 1
  4. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Great job, Lanny! Ironically a buddy of mine goes to that gas station and he told me several months back he saw a van with Tesla markings on it! So I drove by the place but all I saw was that they were replacing all the gas pumps!

• Like x 1
  5. CLowrance

CLowrance Member

It's in a Sheetz gas station - they have pretty good subs and other stuff. Fosters is within walking distance across a parking lot. If you can brave crossing 15, there is a pretty good Kabob place in the Kohl's shopping center.

• Helpful x 1
  6. theflyer

theflyer Member

@Lanny, @BlueShift needs our help. If you haven't noticed, he's had to take down the maps portion of supercharge.info because Google started charging him a fortune.

7. CLowrance

CLowrance Member

Is there a general timeline for completion from the time the permit is issued? I know all sites will vary, just looking for a guesstimate based on past installs. 6 weeks? 2-4 months?

8. theflyer

theflyer Member

The timeline is highly variable with many variables. The longest take years. Some of the variables include the skill of the installers, availability of power, distance to that power, local politics, and many more. Sheetz has many superchargers installations now so that should bode well for an installation on the quicker side. I'd put a marker down for three months or so.

9. luckyj

luckyj Member

I think the Mt. Jackson Sheetz was turned up in around 3 months from when construction started. Not sure what the time from permit to start of construction was at that site though.

But as flyer mentioned, some sites seem to go really fast and others take forever.

10. theflyer

theflyer Member

Supercharge.info has a nice chart at the bottom of the following link showing the length of the permit/construction for sites that are currently in one of those states. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a histogram showing all permit/construction lengths.

supercharge.info

11. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

supercharge.info site is down for a while....

12. theflyer

theflyer Member

Just the map has been taken offline. All of the back-end data is still available, including the charts. .

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  13. CLowrance

CLowrance Member

Here's hoping for a quick turnaround on this one. HOA is not being kind in letting me put in a charging station at home. Only choice may be to Supercharge before or after work. Haymarket is WAY more convenient than Springfield.

14. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

That's a great convenient location in terms of easy access on/off 66 or rte 15. Food-wise, well it's Sheetz. I prefer not to spend my down time watching people pump gas.

• Like x 1
  15. jfe_md

jfe_md Member

This is a nice site for a supercharger. Maps back up at supercharge.info

• Informative x 1
  16. Nornagest

Nornagest Member

Drove by this morning - the tesla charging pylons are already there, possibly in place (didn’t get that good a look). They’re clearly well under way. I’m guessing this thing will be open pretty soon.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  17. jrich703

jrich703 Member

Drove here yesterday just to check it out -- the Tesla pylons are in place (all 8 of them),and they are much further along than supercharge.info shows..

To me it's funny because you have to face the Sheetz and everybody getting gas LOL -- also only 9 miles from me so I'm pretty hyped :D

• Informative x 2
  18. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

19. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Seems like a happening place. Any chance of a picture? Enquiring and inquiring minds want @BlueShift to know.

20. Reddy Kilowatt

This is great news, Finally a SC on 66.

I would hope as the construction gets further away from the population centers, construction would go alot faster.