Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Haymarket, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Count me in. We recently relocated from FL to NoVa and this SuperCharger is only 5 mins from my new house.

Info for road trippers: there’s a Starbucks across the road and a few fast food places around, no fine dining but good for a pit stop.

If you don't mind walking over to the shopping center there are several decent Asian places and others. The hard part is crossing the huge intersection. I wonder if any of them deliver. If they deliver, maybe they'll pick you up! lol

HaymarketTesla.png

It's official. Haymarket, VA Supercharger.
Haymarket, VA | Tesla

Five cars there this AM when we stopped to test charging on our 3 (which worked, yay!).

Looks like completely done except they need to restripe everything. Still lining up with the pedestals, not the signs. Standard for an installation with existing parking.

Dunno if we can make it either those weekends but definitely have a blast! Great to have a local Supercharger!

Woohoo!

Count me in. We recently relocated from FL to NoVa and this SuperCharger is only 5 mins from my new house.

Hi Nigel - Welcome to the neighborhood! Johnny put a poll up in the Washington DC group and it looks like 1/5 is leading the charge. Watch that thread for updates.
One other piece of business to "take care of" is to join the Mid Atlantic Tesla Owners Club now that you're resident in the region: Home - Tesla Owners Club Mid-Atlantic
Hope to see you at some events in the new year!
Jeff

Reactions: NigelM
Five cars there this AM when we stopped to test charging on our 3 (which worked, yay!).

Looks like completely done except they need to restripe everything. Still lining up with the pedestals, not the signs. Standard for an installation with existing parking.

Dunno if we can make it either those weekends but definitely have a blast! Great to have a local Supercharger!

Woohoo!

Charged there twice over the weekend.

Agreed they need to repaint the stripes. It was definitely throwing some people off.
Still a great place to charge!

Reactions: boaterva
Charged there twice over the weekend.

Agreed they need to repaint the stripes. It was definitely throwing some people off.
Still a great place to charge!

I hit the charger on Christmas day. Hurrah for Tesla! This will make a big difference for my trips north.

I don't think the stripes are getting repainted. It looks to me like the handicapped design was FUBAR and was redone making the stall positions FUBAR.

To charge while parked correctly the hose has to be rather kinked. In really cold weather this could be a problem.

If they can make that work. I'll look at it again today, but I think this got messed up by an error in planning for the handicap space(s).

I stopped to charge and not only can they move the lines, they already did! Looks like they covered the old lines with a splash of cement material.

The bad news is with the winter cold having a charger at Haymarket still isn't the solution to my trip to Frederick, MD. I stopped on the way north and charged to about 220 miles. The trip to Frederick was 55 miles, driving around Frederick was under 60 miles and a 50 mile return trip. Let's see, hmmm... carry the 1... that gives 165 miles. You would think I could make it back to Haymarket... nope. I once again had to stop in Leesburg to spend over half an hour at a destination charger which was shared with someone else so I only got 40 amps. Even then I barely made it to Haymarket with 2%/6 miles in the battery. I think the last few miles had limitations on my acceleration. The same dotted lines you see on the regen portion of the energy display appeared on the consumption portion of the display above 200 kW or so.

Somehow I managed to wait the hour or so for the car to get charged up to 90% because I wanted to test the idle fee feature. There was only one other car at the pump when the charge completed and I didn't get charged a fee even after waiting for 10 minutes. On the other hand, I didn't get any notifications on the phone that the charge was nearing or reached completion... at least not while I was actually there. I now see notifications are on my phone.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl