Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hayward, CA (LIVE 22 Jun 2019, 16 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D0879E4A-E820-41D3-8143-E540F943E234.jpeg
FFC9137A-18E2-4CB4-9DA5-548ED56D0AE0.jpeg
404FCA53-ED4B-4ED1-A397-54F908CB7B6F.jpeg
B92565A5-79BB-457B-A911-FC6DABB8838B.jpeg
Confirmed it is working and on the map.

Nice, was just there and it was full and I've only seen it full once or twice over the past year. But I was only getting about 37kw even at 15% soc and a warm battery so maybe the site was experiencing issues and people needed to stay longer to charge. More stations are always welcome!

Yes!

Yes, I saw that yesterday but I forgot to take picture. My initial thought was done by Tesla SC service technicians. please correct me if I am wrong.

There is a history of miscreants cutting the cables on Superchargers. It's not obvious whether this is to steal the copper in the cables, or just simple vandalism. In California, this has happened at Oakhurst and at Oakland (2nd St.), maybe other locations that I can't remember.

Tesla servicing technicians would remove the cables without cutting them.

Bruce.

Here's picture of two cables cut at Hayward supercharger.View attachment 815448
Ouch - questions I have:
  • If stealing for copper, why aren't these thieves getting the last foot or so of what already is a relatively short cable? Just too hard to cut that last foot easily?
  • What kind of prevention measures can be done to minimize the appeal of this (assuming for copper theft)? Some ideas I've had:
    • Standardize all stalls to use V3-style cables (less copper = less money for scrap)
    • Use smaller conductors for urban chargers (urban chargers use the same conductor thickness as V2 cables but only handle half the power/current)
As far as I've seen, there aren't any decent solutions for a hard-to-cut deterrent shield for cable.

More coming or expansion? I heard there’s more superchargers coming across from Chabot College at the Teaspoon, Dennys, Nick the Greek Parking lot
It was just confirming and updating the title from 14 stalls to 16. As far as all of the rumors/speculations you have for new sites, there is a thread for site speculation where you can discuss those (some of which already have threads here like the one you mentioned above).

Reactions: BlouieM3