Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hayward, CA (LIVE 22 Jun 2019, 16 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today we found Urban Superchargers being installed at the Hayward Target store.
I am not sure if anyone else has found these or not?

19661 Hesperian Blvd Hayward CA

IMG_0746.jpeg
IMG_0743.jpeg
IMG_0744.jpeg
IMG_0745.jpeg

Great News! About time :) The entire 880 freeway was devoid of superchargers till now. I was eyeing this location for awhile and was thinking that the Hayward chargers would be near Southland side since it's near the freeway and in the parking lot either near the Freeway next to the New Century theater or on Hesperian in between City Sports, Buffalo Wild wings, Olive Garden, Seafood City.

But the Skywest Shopping Center is also another good location since the shopping center does have Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Cheesesteak Shop, Ono BBQ, Pizza Hut, Gamestop, Target, Island Pacific Grocery, 5 Guys, Shell Shock (Seafood Boil), T-Mobile, Airport Appliance , Kennedy Park etc.

I am sure they were saying it's good to be able to charge before leaving on a trip if you need charge. I don't fill up every night, I fill up like a gas car. Wait for it to get low and then fill it. Wife does the same with her's. At least once I was caught unawares with a low charge when a trip was proposed. Luckily my Supercharger is a block away.

-Randy

This is exciting! We're driving up to San Lorenzo from Pasadena this weekend, staying with relatives who lack a spot to charge. Any chance this site will be functional in the next few days? Failing that we'll stop by the "mothership" for our fill of electrons :)

This is exciting! We're driving up to San Lorenzo from Pasadena this weekend, staying with relatives who lack a spot to charge. Any chance this site will be functional in the next few days? Failing that we'll stop by the "mothership" for our fill of electrons :)

Magic 8 Ball says "Cannot predict now".

Seriously it's hard to tell from those photos at the top of the thread, which are now a week old, what the state will be like a few days in the future. On one hand, it looks like most or all the Tesla-branded equipment is in place, and given the amount of time that's passed (and the fairly reasonable weather), it's theoretically possible for the site to be up within your timeframe. On the other hand there's no PG&E transformer visible in these photos, also inspections can take an unpredictable amount of time. I'm pretty sure that someone will post to this thread within hours (maybe within minutes) of the power being turned on, so keep checking back here.

Hope you have a safe drive!

Bruce.

Alameda's Supercharger is a little closer, depending on where you are in San Lorenzo, but a Visit to the Mother Ship is part of owning a Tesla. Just like you can visit the Apple Mother Ship for your Apple Fanboi life, only they get free car charging at their visitor center.

-Randy

7822FA35-085E-40E5-B8FB-869230EEB395.jpeg BCEA3952-FD24-4FCE-919F-5C38237B26C6.jpeg 4CF2D235-536C-4BFB-9E3C-BEBF7DF1D71B.jpeg That seems it will not open before weekend. It is fenced and waiting for some work to be completed. At least the handicap egress markings are not there yet. A huge PG&E blue truck is still parked on the side of the street. But no one is working around today.

Attachments

• 28A9E96B-7D12-450A-A50A-43E38DAEC18F.jpeg
    28A9E96B-7D12-450A-A50A-43E38DAEC18F.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 9AFAFFE8-14FA-4C08-9E70-7B33FB42CE88.jpeg
    9AFAFFE8-14FA-4C08-9E70-7B33FB42CE88.jpeg
    672 KB · Views: 108
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and bmah