Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Heatherbrae NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3901.JPG
First from phone.

Haha, there's no hiding! No, I'm just generally interested in the process and the selection of the sites. You'll see me snooping around the US/European SC threads as well.
At the moment I'm not going to get my Model 3 for a few years, by which stage the SC network in Australia will be much larger than what it is now. I'm still going to be a ferry ride away from it, so it won't be entirely free travel :)

Reactions: RichardMcN
Haha, there's no hiding! No, I'm just generally interested in the process and the selection of the sites. You'll see me snooping around the US/European SC threads as well.
At the moment I'm not going to get my Model 3 for a few years, by which stage the SC network in Australia will be much larger than what it is now. I'm still going to be a ferry ride away from it, so it won't be entirely free travel :)

No sense of adventure! Who needs a ferry when the car can swim?

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq
If that sub has just been installed it is a minimum of 2 weeks before Ausgrid will commission it. The commissioning time is determined by the date practical completion of all work, plus two weeks. You need to book the commissioning six weeks in advance and they do a pre-commissioning inspection two weeks out to make sure you have achieved PC. If the sub is live and already commissioned it won't take long to put it all together. I'll pop in on Monday when I'm in Raymond Terrace and have a look for more progress.

Also note supercharge.info says 4 stalls. I'm not sure if this is their default if the site capacity isn't known, but I thought this was a bit small?
Perhaps Heatherbrae is a bit like Euroa (2 stalls), only 150km out of town and you can either bypass it or get a very small top up depending on your battery pack.

Also at that Heatherbrae site, the stalls will all be usable and not 7/8 iced like Goulburn a few weeks ago.

I do visit Newcastle occasionally and only want a short charge. I think I'll stay with Wetlands for that as it is nicer and closer to NC anyway (and it is the only time I get to use a Type 2 outlet) !

Last edited:
4 stalls will be plenty, even the 5 stalls at St Leonard's shop is hardly ever 100% occupied.
Plus if you're heading north even a 15 minute juicing will make the Syd-Pmq leg anxiety-free, adding another 100ks or so to your range.

Not much food in the immediate area, however there is a 24Hr McDonalds drive through and a Subway a few hundred metres south and Heatherbrae's Pies a similar distance North.

Yes, until the proposed adjacent service centre opens it'll mean a stop nearby first. Unless the restaurant at the Motto Farm Motel is open, I guess that might be an option too.

According to recent reviews they have a good buffet breakfast there as well as a buffet dinner.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq