Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Helena, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a bit strange, but I don't think there's an electrical permit for this one yet. Though maybe it's just that the MT permitting portal isn't great for searching and I've been failing to find it.
Looking at the pictures they haven't put in any wires. It is possible the local laws, especially not being in an incorporated jurisdiction, don't need them to have the permit in place for the ground work and conduit. This isn't like the conduit is running inside walls, so it is possible they don't need it inspected before the ground is closed back up.

True but in the Lands of Ice & Snow this is the worst of it done.

Really sweet that this is finished. I haven't gone direct to AB yet but this'll save a good deal of hours that it'd take to route through Missoula and probably an overnight for an L2 bump in Whitefish (or maybe somewhere in the park during summer) to make it the Lethbridge.

Pretty sure Great Falls will finish first, and it should have the same impact.

• Helpful
Reactions: SammichLover
Looking at the pictures they haven't put in any wires. It is possible the local laws, especially not being in an incorporated jurisdiction, don't need them to have the permit in place for the ground work and conduit. This isn't like the conduit is running inside walls, so it is possible they don't need it inspected before the ground is closed back up.
I only felt it was strange because I was able to find the permits pulled for Glendive and Miles City before they started work, both of which are pretty much in the same state of completion. And all the permitting is done through the State of Montana not individual jurisdictions like cities or counties, so the difference between sites seems odd. But as I said, it's equally likely I'm just having trouble with the portal's less than stellar search function.

I stopped by last night, and nothing had changed since the last update. No new equipment or trucks nearby.

photo_2019-11-17_07-29-24.jpg