Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henderson, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one popped up on my map today. Anybody been to it? Looks like it's open now.
@BlueShift

Not showing up on my map. Can you post a pic of the location details on your screen?

image.jpg

This one popped up on my map today. Anybody been to it? Looks like it's open now.
@BlueShift

None of the editors have ESP .... I have no idea what to add to the map :p

Info that helps:
- Street address
- GPS co-ordinates (still helpful even with street address since the area covered by an address can sometimes be quite large)
- Number and type of stalls

Reactions: mociaf9 and SigNC
None of the editors have ESP .... I have no idea what to add to the map :p

Info that helps:
- Street address
- GPS co-ordinates (still helpful even with street address since the area covered by an address can sometimes be quite large)
- Number and type of stalls

Sorry man, just kinda assumed it showed on peoples maps :)

Sorry man, just kinda assumed it showed on peoples maps :)

That's no worries it all :) I'm sure it does for most people (though not @Big Earl above, for some reason) but I don't actually own a Tesla and it's not on the website map yet! (I don't know if it shows sites in the US to Australian Teslas anyway - can you see Australian ones on your map if you scroll that far?)

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
So it is a pretty typical Supercharger that you see at Sheetz and Wawa. Eight v2 stalls. My charge maxed out at 130kW but my SOC was pretty high. The charges are located behind the Sheetz and there were alot of blinged out pickup trucks. It's a Saturday night in a small town so I guess it's a place to meetup or hangout. No one said or did anything and none of the spaces were ICE'd but after some of the stories I've read it made me concerned when I first arrived. I'm sure things will be fine here, though.

Four of the stalls have 10 Minute General Parking signs and the other 4 have Vehicle Charging Only signs.

Attachments

• 20190622_214620.jpg
    20190622_214620.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 126
  • 20190622_215551.jpg
    20190622_215551.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 20190622_214602.jpg
    20190622_214602.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 20190622_212959.jpg
    20190622_212959.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 20190622_212944.jpg
    20190622_212944.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Henderson, NC

Along Primary Interstates: I-85
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-158
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-85:
To: South Hill, VA - 37.7 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: I-95 at Petersburg, VA (End) - 90.7 miles

The 2nd Supercharger near US-158, as this and Kill Devils Hills opened recently.
Improves density along I-85 and the I-40-I-85 connection.

It would be nice if they added one on I-95 in Emporium, VA between the chargers in Chester, VA and Rocky Mount, NC. When heading south from DC, Emporium would be a better stopping point than the other two locations. Chester is almost too soon and Rocky Mount is too far.

I was surprised they added a stop in Henderson but more locations adds flexibility in choosing where to stop so that's a good thing. :)

Yes, Henderson is a bit of surprise, but it does close a fairly significant gap between South Hill, VA and Burlington, NC on I-85. Plus US-1 is the main route that people heading from I-85 to get to Raleigh would use, so it's at a convenient crossroads.

I would not be surprised to see something pop up in Emporia. That seems like a good halfway point between Chester & Rocky Mount. And with all the recent Supercharger sites recently, it might even be sooner rather than later.

Yes, Henderson is a bit of surprise, but it does close a fairly significant gap between South Hill, VA and Burlington, NC on I-85. Plus US-1 is the main route that people heading from I-85 to get to Raleigh would use, so it's at a convenient crossroads.

I would not be surprised to see something pop up in Emporia. That seems like a good halfway point between Chester & Rocky Mount. And with all the recent Supercharger sites recently, it might even be sooner rather than later.

That's one of the bigger gaps at 108.3 miles so makes sense to fill it, as they've done in other places along I-95.
There's a travel plaza area in Emporia, VA that would appear to be a good site.

(The other three large gaps on I-95 to fill would be:
- Kingsland, GA to Savannah, GA (103.4 miles)
- Savannah, GA to Santee, SC (109.1 miles).
- Augusta, ME to Medway, ME (133 miles). There's Brewer, ME but that's a sizable diversion off I-95.)

• Informative
Reactions: Chuckyvt and RTPEV
That's one of the bigger gaps at 108.3 miles so makes sense to fill it, as they've done in other places along I-95.
There's a travel plaza area in Emporia, VA that would appear to be a good site.

(The other three large gaps on I-95 to fill would be:
- Kingsland, GA to Savannah, GA (103.4 miles)
- Savannah, GA to Santee, SC (109.1 miles).
- Augusta, ME to Medway, ME (133 miles). There's Brewer, ME but that's a sizable diversion off I-95.)

There is a Sheetz in Roanoke Rapids not too far from Emporia. That's where my money is on a I-95 supercharger near the VA/NC border.