Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BerTX

Supporting Member
May 2, 2014
Texas/Washington
I will be passing through Wichita Falls (ICE, unfortunately) this week and thought I'd look for Supercharger construction. Went to review the thread for said Supercharger, but there was none.

Now there is!

I did preliminary satellite recon (aka Google Maps) and see several places along 287/I-44 that are the usual candidates, and that is probably all I'll have time for this trip. I'll take a look at Loves and Flying J, as well as Fairfield Inn and Candlewood Suites and there is a Cracker Barrel that would be nice. I don't see much else along the highway that is likely to have room in the parking lot, and I won't have time for much wandering around. If I see something else promising, I'll take a look.

Henrietta would be an interesting location, but probably not the best place for a supercharger because Wichita Falls is the convergence point for many US highways plus Interstate 44. Henrietta would really only help the people headed between DFW and Amarillo (and on to NM or Colorado).

After looking at Google Maps, there doesn't appear to be an existing property labeled 101 Hwy 287. There really aren't many many businesses on this road.

I have stopped at the Pecan Shed there. Not up to the fine levels as Collin Street Bakery , but it does have some food and clean bathrooms, plus is next to a Best Westerm.

How reliable is this info, or is this an extract from Dig Tess requests ?

I keep checking this thread to see if there's any progress, but I guess not. Headed to Denver from Ft. Worth in mid-August, and I guess we'll have to take the route up through Kansas and across Nebraska because I don't want to be sweating 287 to Childress. :(

I keep checking this thread to see if there's any progress, but I guess not. Headed to Denver from Ft. Worth in mid-August, and I guess we'll have to take the route up through Kansas and across Nebraska because I don't want to be sweating 287 to Childress. :(

What battery size is your car? I've made this trip numerous times in my P85D and my 90D Model S without much drama. This leg is nothing compared to Amarillo --> Trinidad leg - that will make you sweat!

Mike

Reactions: BerTX
Is it worth it to go via Cisco to Childress?
Going where? If you are going to Denver, then you have a gap between Arlington and Childress of 235 miles and a rise of 1200 feet. You will have a gap between Amarillo and Trinidad of about the same distance with a 2000+ foot rise. If you can't go directly to Childress and have to detour to Cisco, then you definitely can't go directly to Trinidad from Amarillo and will have to go through Tucumcari, Santa Rosa and Las Vegas (NM).

All of that detouring makes it better to just go through Kansas, IMHO.

Going where? If you are going to Denver, then you have a gap between Arlington and Childress of 235 miles and a rise of 1200 feet. You will have a gap between Amarillo and Trinidad of about the same distance with a 2000+ foot rise. If you can't go directly to Childress and have to detour to Cisco, then you definitely can't go directly to Trinidad from Amarillo and will have to go through Tucumcari, Santa Rosa and Las Vegas (NM).

All of that detouring makes it better to just go through Kansas, IMHO.
I agree. If you can't make the Amarillo to Trinidad leg then, you need to go through Kansas. Of course it would be nice to know what kind of Tesla you are driving!

Reactions: BerTX