Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I just missed it, but where did they install the panel/switchgear cab??
This is the first I have seen with the separate smaller transformers (I guess that's what they are). The switchgear box looks smaller in this configuration, but I guess that is it next to the Supercharger cabinets and the transformer (doesn't show well in the last set of pictures).

Others more familiar with the engineering of this style can better answer... I don't know the significance of these small transformers.

Sorry, I've been asleep for a while, but...

Don't they fence in the $200K of equipment anymore? I've never seen it sitting in the open.

A lot of equipment to be running loose outside of its corral, potentially getting into mischief.

I thought they penned it all in to protect the equipment and keep the curious from zapping themselves.

This is the first I have seen with the separate smaller transformers (I guess that's what they are). The switchgear box looks smaller in this configuration, but I guess that is it next to the Supercharger cabinets and the transformer (doesn't show well in the last set of pictures).

Others more familiar with the engineering of this style can better answer... I don't know the significance of these small transformers.

I *believe* the smaller transformers are autotransformers and allow (manual) voltage adjustment on the incoming circuits. Hard to be sure without seeing them up close.

Reactions: TMC Bubba
I *believe* the smaller transformers are autotransformers and allow (manual) voltage adjustment on the incoming circuits. Hard to be sure without seeing them up close.

Well I went by today (still no activity) and here is a pic of the small transformer label (there are 6 of these, one for each back end cabinet):

IMG_0298.jpeg

The label on the back end Tesla cabinet looks like others I have seen, just a fairly new manufacturing data

IMG_0303.jpeg

These aren’t the only construction locations this summer that we saw this on. There seems to be something systemic with pedestal supply going on.

If you pop over to the Davidson SK thread you’ll see they’re middle of V3 gear (!) install w/o the pedestals in place.