Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad that Tesla cannot update their website with accurate information. As of today, Sunday October 6, almost 11AM central time...

Superchargers will frequently have a soft open where they aren’t totally commissioned but will still work when plugged in. I think this happened with the Austin supercharger where it was in and out of service for a period of time before Tesla officially called it open for business.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus and rafacq
Yupperoo! It’s open. Photo from PlugShare
212853F1-C447-4AD8-8C18-812D9F0FE437.jpeg
Happy Texans :)

I’m guessing from looking at PlugShare the Amarillo to Trinidad run going west uses more range than it first appears on paper, due to the Raton pass uphill portion? Need to make this run soon. Looking at a couple Nema 14-50 options in between for maybe an hour top off. Anyone with real world numbers to help? It shows 225 miles I’m only at 237 full. I don’t mind driving a a bit under the speed limit to make it easier.

I make the Childress supercharger which is 214 just by slowing down a bit. But the uphill to Trinidad will stress me out

I've done the run many times. Here was my post about it 4 years ago.

Amarillo to Trinidad, CO supercharger stats - round trip

Reactions: quickstrike12
I went ahead and added it. The icon is not the Supercharger color but it’s there now!
View attachment 463291
You actually added a second one, which is described as a "wall plug". So now there is twice as much useless incorrect information on the location. Both of which will be deleted by somebody such as @Chuq when the "real" supercharger is added by Tesla.

So, you are adding incorrect information. Twice. The supercharger location may or may not be actually permanently open (as determined by the Tesla tech that commissions it), your efforts will be erased, you will cause needless work for somebody else, and ... since it is incorrect information, you might cause a problem for a bona fide EV user trying to find a place to charge their vehicle.

• Disagree
Reactions: bollar and rafacq
Both of which will be deleted by somebody such as @Chuq when the "real" supercharger is added by Tesla.

Just for clarification - I don't have access to delete them. Plugshare usually deletes them themselves (often it's obvious because the person puts "supercharger" in the name). Sometimes they are added with intentionally obscure names, presumably to avoid getting detected. The problem there is that if nothing in the name tells Plugshare that it's an under-construction supercharger, then nothing in the name tells actual users either - those looking for a charge, or in some cases someone else adds a duplicate entry.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and XHabjab
Did Webster, TX location go offline in between since it was turned ON initially?
If anyone finds Henrietta offline could you please post here. I am changing my route, assuming it will be on, so don't want to get stuck late night.

I went by there today and "filled up". It worked as expected. I was at about 40% when I got there so the peak charge rate only hit 126kw, so it would probably hit 150 if I was around 10%. It does not appear to charge $$ yet. The display just showed my previous supercharging amount while it was charging. It filled to 90% and shut off without issue.

Reactions: XHabjab
Did Webster, TX location go offline in between since it was turned ON initially?
If anyone finds Henrietta offline could you please post here. I am changing my route, assuming it will be on, so don't want to get stuck late night.
Webster isn't listed as online yet but 10 of the 12 stalls have been working for a couple of weeks. 3a/3b are not working.