TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by BerTX, Feb 9, 2018.

1. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Or L1 charging wherever you are staying. If you hunt around, you can sometimes find a regular outlet.

2. qdubb254

qdubb254 Member

yeah im on base soo right now not even level 1......ill figure it out though i wont drive much during the week so i can survive by driving to the SC once a week.....i am in a SR+ so yeah 250 miles but thats really only like 150 miles around here

3. qdubb254

qdubb254 Member

Figured it out guys found a camp ground 6 miles from base with a nema like I have at home in my garage....charging at 33 miles a hr panic over....

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
  4. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

Would still seem faster to drive to SC ........
    Glad it worked out for you either way

• Like x 1
  5. qdubb254

qdubb254 Member

if i was at like 20% yeah i would go to the super charger..... but just charging from 60 to 90 after driven all week this is easier......vs driving 40 miles round trip and it cost me like 10% battery to get from the sc to base

• Like x 5
  6. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

Went by again today... Still missing signage and still not on the supercharger map... But, at least it is still free to use...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. ansem202

ansem202 New Member

I am going to Arizona from DFW this saturday. I can make it to childress without having to stop here. I have RWD Model 3. but I still plan on stopping here and top off a bit so I dont have to worry about turning down cabin heat or slowing down. I know temps can drop pretty low in this area. Anyway. i hope they are working!

• Like x 1
  8. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

You should definitely stop here to top off. You might be surprised about your range going uphill in cold temps and into the wind at high speeds.

• Like x 2
  9. ansem202

ansem202 New Member

Oh I know. I made this run last year around same time. I left Denton at 93% and though i could get to Childress with 15-20% left over going at 75mph. Made it to Childress with 5% battery. Was not fun watching my range drop so fast.

• Like x 1
  10. rafacq

rafacq Member

Smart move to stop in Henrietta for 15 minutes. Stress your legs, have some ribs, they are delicious! Have a safe trip. I am so ready for a road trip on my Tesla!

11. KGTES

KGTES Member

Which car do you have? My ABRP plan shows I won't make it to Childress unless I slow to 58mph even if i charge up to 95% at Denton SC.

I will be heading from DFW to Amarillo and onto NM this Saturday as well. Debating on whether to:
    1) charge up in Denton and head straight to Childress (ABRP restricted speed to make it to Childress even at 96% charge from Denton SC) still shows Max speed of 58mph to get to Childress with 10%
    OR
    2) Count on/hope Henrietta is in working condition and head from Plano to Henrietta as the 1st stop for SC and then onto Childress..
    I am leaning towards #1 and if Henrietta is open, problem solved and will top up there for sure. But, if Henrietta is not functioning, I will be limping @58mph to Childress.
    Of course, i will try and be conservative from the beginning to conserve as much as I can, but with late evening travel this time of year (cold temps) and the elevation, just don't want to take any chances.

Am going to keep a couple of RV parks along the way as backup plan, but REALLY hoping not to have to stop there.

12. KGTES

KGTES Member

Oh, forgot to mention, I added 200lbs extra weight and 5mph headwinds in ABRP, 50F outside temp...

13. ShaneT

ShaneT Member

Well if it doesn’t turn out well the Vernon RV park will bail you out.

• Informative x 1
  14. qdubb254

qdubb254 Member

the navigation computer is pretty accurate honestly i drove from Vegas to here and it pretty much was close to a percent or 2 so if it says you will make it with 20% as long as your aren't about 75mph you will make it within a percent or 2

15. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

Well it looks like they finally turned on the billing for the station. Monday's visit was not charged, but now, yesterday's visit showed up. Charge of 24 cents per minute Tier 2 charging...

Still missing half the signs, and still not on the Supercharging map...

16. KGTES

KGTES Member

Is this the Rocking A RV Park in Vernon close to the Walmart? I see it only has 1 NEMA 14-50?
    I was looking at the Coyote Ranch Resort in Wichita Falls as another fallback.

17. KGTES

KGTES Member

Going East, you are losing altitude so that would be easier than what I am going to do (going west gaining elevation). But, i will put this in the Tesla NAV and see what it has to say, so far I am only checking ABRP estimates.

18. KGTES

KGTES Member

I guess it is getting closer to being formally announced, adding billing is a good sign.

19. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

The Nav factors in the elevation changes. It does not factor in weather and of course speed.

20. KGTES

KGTES Member

Yes, should have quoted his reply, but I was replying to qdubb254 since he was coming east and i would be going west so that would make a difference even if both estimates were coming from the Tesla NAV.
    Will report back how it went once I get there, but it looks more and more that I could rely on Henrietta being up and running....so hopefully it's all moot.