Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a contractor that goes around the country installing these? Or does Tesla train a local company to do the installations? Is the same contractor installing Burleson? Just curious how it works.
There is a ton of repeat GCs building these Superchargers...the last one I personally talked with in Webster Tx said he was waiting on charging pedestals on most of his Tesla jobs...I phrase it that way bc he has ton of Electrify America stations underway as well.

Its a small town that will contract their final inspections for electric. I'm curious to see how their revenue changes with these installed. These are in a great spot! It'll bring a lot of business to a small town and retail stop
We'll be taking a road trip to the south part of Colorado right after Christmas this year and will be using them. :) so grateful for this location.

From my experience while Henrietta is great more important for a trip to Colorado from e.g. Dallas area would be a Clayton SC. I made it with my Model 3 LR RWD past June with slowing down a bit but I can't see in particular between Amarillo and Trinidad with bad and cold weather and a car with less range how to get to Colorado, at least on that particular route.

Yet, I'm happy that Henrietta is getting only soon.

From my experience while Henrietta is great more important for a trip to Colorado from e.g. Dallas area would be a Clayton SC. I made it with my Model 3 LR RWD past June with slowing down a bit but I can't see in particular between Amarillo and Trinidad with bad and cold weather and a car with less range how to get to Colorado, at least on that particular route.

Yet, I'm happy that Henrietta is getting only soon.
Agreed...I hypermiled my MS75 from Denton to Childress a year ago and got there with 5% left after a 100% charge. I wouldn't try the Amarillo to Trinidad with that elevation gain.

Taking this trip in 2 weeks, hoping SC to be up by then, fingers crossed...
Anyone tried this route on M3 SR+? Would like to hear their experience. Per ABRP need to drive -55mph (assuming no wind). Debating between slow driving vs slow charging.

If going from Denton to Childress, you might consider going through Ardmore and supercharging there. It is 188 miles between Ardmore and Childress. But, hopefully the SC in Henrietta opens in the next few days. I will not be by there again until Monday to see if it is open. Hopefully they are trying to get it open before the end of the quarter.

Reactions: ShaneT
I drive a LR RWD. Last week I made the round trip from SW Fort Worth to Bedford (to pick up a passenger) to Pueblo, CO. Winds were favorable--southerly on the way up, northerly on the way back. I was surprised the FW-Bedford-Childress leg took more juice than the Amarillo-Trinidad leg. But the weather was great--I can easily see that drive up to Trinidad being much more problematic in the cold, wind, or rain. We arrived Trinidad with 15% SoC, starting from Amarillo with 99%.

BTW, Slim Chickens near the Amarillo supercharger was pretty good, I thought. Good way to kill 50 minutes while charging. I'm looking forward to the barbeque in Henrietta.

Denton to Childress. Going 80 except for the last hour where I went 75. I used 295 miles of range.
Childress to Denton. Going 80 the entire way, I used 266. This of course with nice weather
LR RWD

side note: Amarillo to Trinidad, I have to go the speed limit the entire way to make it

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
I make the drive between Keller TX and Amarillo for work on occasion. I used to stop in Vernon TX on the way to Childress SC, and grab a bite while the car adds a few miles at an RV park(30-40 minutes) to make sure I had a comfortable margin to arrive at Childress. There is also a Tesla destination charger at a Hampton if you prefer. But now I am comfortable skipping the RV park and just slowing to about 65mph (in a 75mph highway) and arriving with minimal juice left. It was a bit nerve racking the first time but I’ve since gained confidence in the energy screen accuracy. And I always have the backup of slowing to greatly reduced speed in an emergency to get there.
I do the same on the way back to Keller TX except it’s downhill and a bit easier.
For reference I have a RWD 75 that these days has 237 mile range at 100% (Keller to Childress is 217 miles)

If you do stop in at the RV park they are super friendly and you can get a quick bite and add 20-30 miles for comfort. But do the math. It’s faster to just slow down.

Now thanks to the new SC I won’t even have to do any of this . Very happy with this new location.

Thanks for the feedback. @quickstrike12 Do you know if RV park in Vernon is accessible late night (I'll try calling them but in case you know).
I guess my choices, in case SC doesn't open by then, will be via Ardmore (saves 20 miles drive on the leg but adds 45 overall) or speed controlled drive and in both option charge in Vernon depending on wind drag/other factors.

I definitely want to avoid driving I-35 -> I-40.

I didn’t used to mind so much stopping in Vernon for a bit. I figured I gotta eat somewhere might as well be there. Again you can also call the Hampton. They are also ok with you charging at the Tesla destination charger they have as long as it’s open.
I don’t know about after hours at the RV park. But I’ll bet they would be happy to work out something with you. Again they were great folks. It’s on PlugShare which I definitely recommend using for things like this.

Good luck to you on your trip.

CAD9F1AE-03D5-4E3C-AECF-45B15151AC64.jpeg
ADF27C63-88B6-41C6-AE1A-1ADE11D7B18B.jpeg
Just went through. It’s done. I hooked up, it does everything but charge.

It’s going to be an awesome SC