Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tend to go by there a couple of times a week (well diverting to there from Wichita Falls). I will keep checking. I did try plugging in last time I was there (Wed evening). I open the charge door, get the green T, plug it in and the port locks and the T just turns black and the screen says waiting. I press the button on the cord and it unlocks the port. It will probably be Monday when I check again.

• Informative
Reactions: rafacq
I did charge today at 5pm. Seems to be all up and running.
Tesla Henrietta2.jpg
Tesla Henrietta.jpg
Tesla Henrietta3.jpg

I’m guessing from looking at PlugShare the Amarillo to Trinidad run going west uses more range than it first appears on paper, due to the Raton pass uphill portion? Need to make this run soon. Looking at a couple Nema 14-50 options in between for maybe an hour top off. Anyone with real world numbers to help? It shows 225 miles I’m only at 237 full. I don’t mind driving a a bit under the speed limit to make it easier.

I make the Childress supercharger which is 214 just by slowing down a bit. But the uphill to Trinidad will stress me out

Reactions: rafacq
I’m guessing from looking at PlugShare the Amarillo to Trinidad run going west uses more range than it first appears on paper, due to the Raton pass uphill portion? Need to make this run soon. Looking at a couple Nema 14-50 options in between for maybe an hour top off. Anyone with real world numbers to help? It shows 225 miles I’m only at 237 full. I don’t mind driving a a bit under the speed limit to make it easier.

I make the Childress supercharger which is 214 just by slowing down a bit. But the uphill to Trinidad will stress me out

My 2015 S85D shows 269 miles on a full charge. I would not be comfortable driving that stretch. There is a thread on the Amarillo to Trinidad drive and has recommendations for NEMA 14-50 locations. Seems there is an RV camp in Ratón that is EV friendly.

Amarillo to Trinidad, CO supercharger stats - round trip

Reactions: quickstrike12
Thank you. I’ll check the linked thread for some details. I guess it’s only an issue if I want to make it in a day from the Fort Worth to Denver area.
Might be much less stressful to to just camp and rest at one of the RV locations between Amarillo and Trinidad. Wake up refreshed with a 100% and be on my way.
This car has made me a much more patient and happy driver not always having to GET there so fast. Or maybe I’m just older and wiser.....hard to tell :)