Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove the route from Trinidad to Denton yesterday, and wish I had known this Supercharger was open! I'm driving a P3D, had it loaded up with cargo and two people, and I was a bit apprehensive about doing this leg. Charged to 95% and then headed out. I drove conservatively for the first half, then drove the speed limit or better for the second half, arriving with about 30 miles remaining. I did see the lit up Supercharger (at night) driving by the Henrietta exit, but didn't realize it was that far along, much less complete and operational, or I would have stopped. Wonder why it's not in Tesla's maps yet.

Always do some pre planning using ABRP. ABRP shows them open since the first day,. Several posts in this group as well as the NTTOG Facebook group:have several people reporting they are operational! I posted successful charging on 10/7 and 10/10.

Always do some pre planning using ABRP. ABRP shows them open since the first day,. Several posts in this group as well as the NTTOG Facebook group:have several people reporting they are operational! I posted successful charging on 10/7 and 10/10.
Agree, abetterrouteplanner is a great site for planning trips. I've used the site a few time like this summer when I planned my trip from Frisco to Colorado Springs.

Charging, would have had 8% at Childress

89E106BB-1EA3-4AA0-B4DE-BF648F22EB95.jpeg

• Hello my name is Stephanie and I will be assisting you today.
    Stephanie L

• Hi, I was wondering when the supercharging map will be updated?

• S
    Hello Dylan.
    Stephanie L

• Hi

• S
    This map is update quite frequently.
    Stephanie L

4:45 PM

• There is a reason I ask
    4:45 PM

• you see... there has been a supercharger location under construction for the past several months... in Henrietta, TX. It is now finally complete and up and running.. however, does not show on the map
    4:46 PM
  • S
    That is correct, this site is still under contraction.
    Stephanie L

4:48 PM

• no, its operational.. i can plug my car in and it will charge

• there is actually a forum that has been following the construction and completion if you would like a link. There are pictures of the location and cars charging there.
    4:49 PM
  • S
    So you can connect to a stall and charge?
    Stephanie L

4:53 PM

• correct.

• the pedestals are lit up
    4:53 PM
  • S
    So what I can do is send this to feedback and have the get the site updated so that you can see this online.
    Stephanie L

4:55 PM

• according to owners is that this station has been operation as of 5PM on October 5th.

• here is a copy of the forum that you can pass on Supercharger - Wichita Falls, TX
    4:56 PM
  • S
    Thank you I will send this over and get it updated.
    Stephanie L

4:57 PM

• About how long do you think it will take?
    4:58 PM
  • S
    I do not have an exact date, to provide to you.
    Stephanie L

5:00 PM

• "Wonder why it's not in Tesla's maps yet." "I can only guess - incompetence and lack of basic coordination and communication between one team and another." --That was taken from the forum... a few people are upset that the info has yet to be updated and the charger has been up for over a month.

• I'll go ahead and post our conversation to the forum as well and check back next week on the progress.. thanks for your time.

Reactions: ShaneT
  • Hello my name is Stephanie and I will be assisting you today.
    Stephanie L
Of all the things that Tesla need to dedicate their resources to, updating the supercharger map is not one of them. I don't think this has achieved anything apart from insulting some Tesla staff.

Just enjoy the week or two of having a sparsely populated supercharger while TMC members/supercharge.info/ABRP users know about it and others don't!

Actually it may still not be "complete" since half of the signs were missing. Perhaps they do not want to say it is officially open without the handicap signs up. They probably do not have the official inspection done from the TX department of licensing and regulation yet without the signs. They do an ADA compliance inspection.

• Helpful
Reactions: bollar and brkaus
Actually it may still not be "complete" since half of the signs were missing. Perhaps they do not want to say it is officially open without the handicap signs up. They probably do not have the official inspection done from the TX department of licensing and regulation yet without the signs. They do an ADA compliance inspection.
This is an interesting possibility. I can never understand why people freak out about a site not being in the Nav or on the website, but it seems to happen in every thread so this is one more reason to consider.

This is an interesting possibility. I can never understand why people freak out about a site not being in the Nav or on the website, but it seems to happen in every thread so this is one more reason to consider.

One good reason, at least as I discovered, would be to know the status of the charger.

First time ever, I tried charging there, was traveling Childress to Denton, the power was out in the whole area and the charger was not available, would have been nice to know at Childress could have topped off more, as it was I just reduced my speed, to make it to Denton (much to the chagrin of the pickups passing me, scowling at my electric car.

I am big fan of doing ABRP reconnaissance ;)

• Funny
Reactions: TexasDuke
One good reason, at least as I discovered, would be to know the status of the charger.

First time ever, I tried charging there, was traveling Childress to Denton, the power was out in the whole area and the charger was not available, would have been nice to know at Childress could have topped off more, as it was I just reduced my speed, to make it to Denton (much to the chagrin of the pickups passing me, scowling at my electric car.

I am big fan of doing ABRP reconnaissance ;)
Sure, but this is a very rare event. And one of the reasons they may not put it in the Nav and on the website sooner is that they intend to turn it off at some point to make some adjustment. This happened to me when the Laramie, Wyoming supercharger was new. It had been a red dot on supercharge.info for about a month but when I got there it wasn't working. The people at the hotel said they needed to replace a part and it had been down for a few days and they were waiting on the part. The site was never put in the Nav or on the website so I couldn't really blame Tesla. Moral of the story is to never rely on a supercharger if it isn't in the Nav yet.

BTW, you were lucky you were going in the direction you were. Had you been going in the other direction you may not have made it to Childress.

Superchargers are up and running. Gave me 128kw/hr in my 2017 Model S initially.
All stalls are empty. I am assuming it has to do with the map being not updated.

Same here. Tried today. I had to change stall a couple of times (all empty) because the charge was interrupted a couple of times after only going to about 58kW. Not sure if it was the SC or the 30F and ice on the car ‍♂️

Attachments

• 469A96E8-1A02-4575-93C9-D90E204BC67F.jpeg
    469A96E8-1A02-4575-93C9-D90E204BC67F.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 66338BD6-0137-4EBE-A796-946856030F11.jpeg
    66338BD6-0137-4EBE-A796-946856030F11.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
used it today......just got in from Vegas will be here for 6 weeks......dont know what im going to do for daily charging yet any ideas within the city limits of Wichita falls near the base

How much daily driving are you planning on doing? I’m guessing your car should have at least a 250 miles range. It’s about 20 miles from WF to Henrietta, so that should still give you 200 miles. WF is not that big, I would guess 200+ miles should hold you at least for 3 to 4 days.

Here is what PlugShare shows for that area! It’s a great tool, check it out.

Hope you had a great trip.
AB5EF11E-37F7-42D5-83DD-D62E3C5B8781.png