Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henryetta, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s one here in Tulsa on ”Indian land” at the hard rock casio. Issue with the original location in Henryetta was with Quick Trip
What was the hold up with QuikTrip? QuikTrip seems to be very anti-EV; hell, the state of Oklahoma, in general, does... QT has numerous locations in Oklahoma, South and North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Arizona, and Missouri. You'd think they'd want the traffic that Teslas and other EVs could bring, but they seem to be a holdout compared to similar gas stations (Wawa, Royal Farms, Sheetz, Buc-ees, Kum&Go, etc.) that have embraced superchargers. Henryetta seems to be such a logical location. I want to make the drive from here in Maryland to LA in my Model 3, but that Ft. Smith-OKC gap is very glaring. Interstate 40 is one of the busiest semi-transcontinental routes in the country, and Oklahoma is smack dab between the Northeast Corridor and the West Coast, not to mention the very busy and vital I-35 linking Mexico with the Great Plains and points north, so there definitely need to be more superchargers in the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: TulsaCoker
What was the hold up with QuikTrip? QuikTrip seems to be very anti-EV; hell, the state of Oklahoma, in general, does... QT has numerous locations in Oklahoma, South and North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Arizona, and Missouri. You'd think they'd want the traffic that Teslas and other EVs could bring, but they seem to be a holdout compared to similar gas stations (Wawa, Royal Farms, Sheetz, Buc-ees, Kum&Go, etc.) that have embraced superchargers. Henryetta seems to be such a logical location. I want to make the drive from here in Maryland to LA in my Model 3, but that Ft. Smith-OKC gap is very glaring. Interstate 40 is one of the busiest semi-transcontinental routes in the country, and Oklahoma is smack dab between the Northeast Corridor and the West Coast, not to mention the very busy and vital I-35 linking Mexico with the Great Plains and points north, so there definitely need to be more superchargers in the state.
I'm not sure if Oklahoma is anti-Tesla or if Tesla is anti-Oklahoma but there definitely seems to be a lack of superchargers in the state.

What was the hold up with QuikTrip? QuikTrip seems to be very anti-EV; hell, the state of Oklahoma, in general, does...
I believe the QT site in Henryetta had more to do with the site area then an anything. The site is not very large and with the amount of simi's adding a place for a 8 stall charger could not fit. I believe Henryetta will get a SC but but just not at this location. I completely agree that QT is shortsighted about adding them but also QT in Oklahoma was only is the Tulsa metro (eastern ok) area due to an agreement with 7/11 to stay out of the OKC area. That agreement has since passed so now you are seeing QT expand into OKC metro. As it stands right now Tesla, is only showing two in the coming soon for OK... Tulsa and Henryetta.

Reactions: LBMagneto
QuikTrip seems to be very anti-EV

Well you could argue that QuickTrip is also anti-ICE. Bit of a stretch to be sure, but what I mean is that round here QT is ALWAYS the cheapest and I get the feeling that they don't make much off the gasoline sales, that it's more about volume and getting people in the door to buy the "food" (and I use the term in the loosest sense). I mean stop at one in the morning and all 32 pumps will be full and there'll be a constant flow of people clutching greasy paper bags walking out of the store (and breathing heavily at the effort)

Maybe the EV crowd doesn't buy stuff from the inside

Well you could argue that QuickTrip is also anti-ICE. Bit of a stretch to be sure, but what I mean is that round here QT is ALWAYS the cheapest and I get the feeling that they don't make much off the gasoline sales, that it's more about volume and getting people in the door to buy the "food" (and I use the term in the loosest sense). I mean stop at one in the morning and all 32 pumps will be full and there'll be a constant flow of people clutching greasy paper bags walking out of the store (and breathing heavily at the effort)

Maybe the EV crowd doesn't buy stuff from the inside
I used to live in Georgia, so I'll always have a soft spot for their taquitos and buffalo chicken rollers and their Freezoni's. They're a lot easier to eat while driving compared to the hoagies from Wawa, ha ha ha...

There is a Shell gas station off Bryant Road/Exit 237 on I-40 that would be perfect for a supercharger location, as there seems to be plenty of room to install one there. I also see a Love's Truck stop in Okemah off Exit 221. There's also a Flying J off US-69 near I-40 in Checotah as well. That's not too far from Fort Smith, but a splitter would be great on this route.

How long has Henryetta, OK been marked as Q4 2023? I know it's been on and off a bit, but I don't remember this:
(It's red on the map below because I selected it, not because it's open)

1686080331127.png