Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hermosa Beach, CA (LIVE 9 Jun 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No rest for in Hermosa today. Workers on site, but able to get the shot off.

699900E0-B10C-49B8-A036-FC85B661D4BE.jpeg

The plastic wrap is there because the crew is spray painting the original fence railing, which was kept for some inexplicable reason. They seemed to be doing some general cleanup around the site today. I thought over the weekend that the inspector would come out on Monday since the electrical work appear done.

Also, as you can see in the photo, some of these stalls are offset - I hope that's not a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Also, as you can see in the photo, some of these stalls are offset - I hope that's not a problem.

Wild guess.... the parking slots on the other side are offset by half the distance (weight equalizing the load??). And to run the electric for the stalls they service two pedestals on the same run. So the pedestals had to be placed back to back.????

Wild guess.... the parking slots on the other side are offset by half the distance (weight equalizing the load??). And to run the electric for the stalls they service two pedestals on the same run. So the pedestals had to be placed back to back.????
To me, it looks more like they needed or wanted the pedestal to be fully adjacent to the wiring channel instead of extending in front of the pillars. For some of the pedestals, it looks like rotating them 180 degrees from their current orientation would result in a shorter reach for the cable, so I'm a bit surprised they are facing the way they are. But maybe there is plenty of room to spare so it doesn't matter.

Funny that if they had reversed orientation the 'plug' would be set away from the car's outlet (and the permanent end of hose closer to the car) thus when taken from the charger would reach farther toward the car. The way they are positioned extends cord to car distance about 1-2 feet.
Shoulda flipped 'em around.

Funny that if they had reversed orientation the 'plug' would be set away from the car's outlet (and the permanent end of hose closer to the car) thus when taken from the charger would reach farther toward the car. The way they are positioned extends cord to car distance about 1-2 feet.
Shoulda flipped 'em around.
Pretty sure that orientation affects the cable negatively when repeatedly twisted and bent to insert.