Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hermosa Beach, CA (LIVE 9 Jun 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E5F637FD-EEA8-47EA-B3BD-B941C2CD4FC7.jpeg
798C080C-6285-4E35-B918-800BC3A593BF.jpeg
05AB6AA8-FBA6-4C1E-BEC5-DAED32362D07.jpeg

There’s been a tiny bit of progress in Hermosa.

Long overdue. Redondo with all of 8 stalls went live almost 5 and a half years ago. Manhattan Beach is overrun and has been since day 1.

Ownership density has always driven urban installs.

Whining about “a 5th one in 2 miles” is somewhere between amusing and flat out wrong. Good luck getting from Hermosa to SpaceX or Hawthorne City Hall in less than an hour when traffic returns to normal.

In SoCal, and in particular in Los Angeles County, few residents, emphasis residents, describe travel in terms of distance. It’s all about time and time of day.

The other issue as noted above is garage ratio. It’s about as bad as it gets in the Beach Cities. Unlike Beverly Hills or the Valley, with a few exceptions that come to mind.

The best thing about both Hermosa and Manhattan Beach is that they are easily expandable to 40 stalls. Redondo (SC #2 in LA County) is SOL as they’re over capacity now that all 3 hotels are built. And I agree that SpaceX (Tesla Design Center) will likely restrict that location.

So that leaves the Torrance/Long Beach gap, El Segundo, and Marina del Rey insofar as the South Bay and adjacents north and south are concerned.

PS: Great pictures, Doug. I found out about this location from supercharge.info this past weekend, which, all things considered, is a tad embarrassing given that I’ve parked more than once right about where that center wire pull is now. Guess it’s been a few months. Heh.

Last edited:
SCE is on point with their transformer installs. Did you see the KVA rating on the boilerplate sticker?

Is this what you are looking for? 2500 KVA

This week at the site, some of the pedestals were partially installed and covered up with black wrap. I'll try to get a picture later this weekend to show the progress.

IMG_7754.jpeg