Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hermosa Beach, CA (LIVE 9 Jun 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live about 1.5 miles away from here, and I never even knew there was an underground part to their parking!! And I've been going to this shopping center for years (Vons, CVS, Chipotle, Union Bank....and Hermosa Beach Fish Shop (sadly closed)). GREAT location. Amazed that they're going with so many stalls and so much power, but with an absolute flood of Teslas in the area, this is going to be great.
Yeah, I too love to go to this shopping center for years (Vons, CVS, Chipotle, Union Bank....and Hermosa Beach Fish Shop (sadly closed)). They all have their uniqueness mentioned till today.

Tonight I spotted new activity in Hermosa. It's just fencing, but it sure seems possible that an expansion is in the works. I'll keep checking.
IMG_0146.jpeg
IMG_0145.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9 and Maaz
Certainly possible although it is rarely completely full and usually much lower utilization than Torrance and others so it would be interesting to see the rationale for an expansion here.
Agreed, definitely a bit confusing. However I won’t complain about extra stalls. I do with Del Amo gets an expansion or a second supercharger site somewhere in that area. It is always packed.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Tesla is selling 1M cars per year and Hermosa has a high percentage of affluent apartment dwellers, a lot of them in the buildings just north of these charrgers... I imagine this will be filled up often in a year or two.

OK, based on the conduit layouts I'm positive that's not for Superchargers. It looks like it will be chargers from Electrify America or some other company that provides DCFC for CCS/CHAdeMO.

EDIT: And EA does have a "coming soon" pin listed for this same location on their map, so I'm pretty sure that's what it will be.
You are correct. Four enormously tall Electrify America stalls are now erected. Looks like Stonehenge over there.

These V3 chargers seem to be charging more slowly than normal. My X normally charges at 100 kW power at 60%, here it’s 60 kW. I tried two stalls, same low power. And 2 D has an open cable, I’ll try to report it.

Attachments

• CB0E6D0F-8C6C-4AFA-A905-C3D9465CD3BD.jpeg
    CB0E6D0F-8C6C-4AFA-A905-C3D9465CD3BD.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 57
so i went to meet a dame last night in hermosa so i thought i would try this place out. ive never used a v3 sc before and i only charge at home on l2.

holy speeding electrons batman! these chargers are fast! i showed up with 72 ish percent. charged to 90 in like 10 ish minutes! 190 miles an hour type ish! i was so gobsmacked at this i did not even take a photo to document it! wow!

i also saw some tall cabinets that were next to the stall i was at. there are two stalls opposite the main island of stalls. i was at the first one and saw these mammoth looking chargers. i was going to take a photo but i was so starstruck at the speed of the v3 charger i totally forgot!

EDIT -- after thinking on it, these are indeed EA chargers that was mentioned above. they are covered in plastic/wapped up. i just saw some EA images and it has that hole at the top..

Last edited: