Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hickory, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are most new ones going in at sheetz? I know the last 2 in NC have been placed there but wasn't sure how wide spread it was.

Seems to be becoming common for the 8 stall (or maybe up to 10) to get put into Sheetz/WaWa locations, but the larger 12 and up stall locations are not. Just in this general area Raleigh, Fayetteville, and Florence are all very new and all 12+ stalls. Sheetz made a statement a while back about excitement for the partnership between them and Tesla and how "even our colors match!" lol. I'd expect a lot more Sheetz locations to get supercharged where it makes sense.

This is from Sheetz:

We refuel things.
  • Cars (gas AND electric, thanks to Tesla Superchargers)
  • People (Made-To-Order food and bevs including coffee)
  • Devices (all of our stores have free WiFi and USB plugs in our outlets so you don't have to worry if you forget a wall adapter)

Mt Hope Super Charger WV Located at Sheets.

IMG_3451.png

Off-topic but....

According to the Sheetz app, 25 of their locations either have an EV charger of some sort or is scheduled to get one. I think most of them installed today are superchargers. Does anyone know of any other style chargers at a Sheetz?

Finally hit this charger yesterday. The location is VERY easy to get to off 1-40 but I'm not sure why the Tesla navigation is so confused about getting to and leaving the location. As another small aside, they sure are resurfacing a long stretch of I-40 not far far from this charger on the asheville side of hickory.

One more note, not sure why but Hickory charger seems to charge at 8/16 cents where other ones in NC are 11/22. Not complaining just interesting since I thought the rate was set at the state level.
Just searched and found this:
The average commercial electricity rate in Hickory is 7.96¢/kWh.

That matches up to your findings. Must be based on specific area and not statewide?

Reactions: SigNC
I can now contribute to this thread not as a spectator, but a user!

We stopped at Hickory on our way out to Asheville last weekend (amazingly, we didn't NEED to stop as we would have arrived in Asheville with 14%, but I felt more like doing something more enjoyable than plugging in upon arrival in Asheville).

In addition to the usual seating area that Sheetz provides, this one actually had a few sofas to sit on. Not the cleanest maybe, but they were quite comfortable. Not that we needed to be there long, but it was a nice way to take a break.

Reactions: SigNC