Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Highland, CA (LIVE 4 Sep 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

abasile

TSLA shareholder
Supporting Member
Tesla's Supercharger map shows a location in Highland, CA coming in 2018. :)

Highland is adjacent to the 210 freeway, up against the San Bernardino Mountains. State route 330 climbs the mountain from Highland and is the most direct route to Big Bear Lake and to other "elevated" destinations including the east side of Lake Arrowhead (features SkyPark at Santa's Village) and the Running Springs area (features Snow Valley Mountain Resort). It takes a lot of charge to climb the mountain (Big Bear is about 5500' above the 210 freeway), so having Superchargers in Highland should be helpful to anyone in SoCal desiring to drive to this mountain resort area.

In addition, anyone using the 210 freeway when driving to Palm Springs or Joshua Tree National Park will pass through Highland.

While I'm not aware of a specific, planned location, somewhere very close to the Walmart shopping center and Hampton Inn & Suites at the bottom of highway 330, off Highland Ave., might be ideal for those driving to the mountains. Note that there's already an evGo CHAdeMO station by the Walmart. Another option might be somewhere near the Lowes shopping center off Greenspot Rd. on the south side of Highland, though this would be a little out of the way for LA-area folks taking the 210 east to 330.

If Highland truly is set to open this quarter, curious if anyone in the area has seen any construction activity?
I didn't find anything when I searched San Bernardino County's building permit database, but projects inside Highland's city limits wouldn't show up in that database as Highland does their own permitting. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Highland has their building permits listed in a way that is searchable online, though. And that is the limit of what time/effort I'm willing to put into finding it. But, if anyone else is willing to take up the gauntlet of finding out info on this supercharger spot, they can contact the Highland city building department and ask them whether any building permits have been applied for or issued for a Tesla supercharging station in the city. If they refuse to give out any info, you could also try a FOIA request.

Whoa cool! Just saw this pop up on the nav! Flew under the radar. Live!
20210904_150724.jpg

@bmah @MarcoRP @corywright

This Supercharger has gotten off to a bit of rocky start as I see it. It's always full and 1/2 of the pedestals haven't been working. It'll come together! This location is awesome, however. And it could easily handle another dozen pedestals from what I can see on demand (you can imagine that wintertime, it'll really start jamming so people know they can get up the hill with a full charge just prior). Love the way it's literally a block off the freeway. Mexican restaurant nearby is very good! The hotel has this ridiculous mask/temperature check thing when you go in (granted, I'm trying to mooch their restroom, but still).

All in all, happy with this addition to the network.

Reactions: abasile