Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Highland Park, IL - Skokie Valley Rd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New SC (12 superchargers and 4 Tesla level 2 chargers) to be located at Target Store, 2099 Skokie Valley Rd, HP

The March 3 Highland Park planning commission has on its agenda the following:

Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is proposing the installation of an electric vehicle charging station on land zoned as Commercial (B-3). The use is in conformance with all required standards and criteria of the local code.This project will not have an adverse impact on the surrounding area as detailed in the below narrative. At A Glance: Highland Park, IL Supercharger Station Location 2099 Skokie Valle Road, Highland Park, IL 60035 Land Owner Target, Inc. Utility Service Territory COMED # of Charging Stalls 16 – (12) Tesla Charging Posts & (2) dual port level 2 charging stalls. Existing Conditions Location and Access Located off of Highway 41 (Skokie Highway) passing to and from the Chicago Metro-Area this project involves the installation of electric vehicle charging infrastructure that will serve the Tesla community traveling to and from the City, while also serving the local ownership community. The site is located within the B-3 zone, generally for commercial uses such as gas stations, shopping centers, etc. The location within the Target parking area provides users with superb options for local shopping, allowing EV charging user the ability to shop during their down-time. Property Owner Target, Inc.

Description starts on Page 35 of agenda:
http://highlandparkil.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2932&Inline=True

@MarcoRP for supercharger.com

Here is one page of presentation showing approximate location in Target parking lot
hpsc2.jpg

They closed them for public use a couple years ago.

Location does not show on car nav--but you actually can use them at limited times, in evening after the service center closes, and on weekends. It's hit or miss as they sometimes leave vehicles parked and connected even after hours. Of late, I've found them mostly empty after hours and thus available for use.

Reactions: croman and MarcoRP
Charged there twice. Very convenient having a charger nearby after losing the inconvenient 4 stall service sales location.

I think the 2 non Tesla chargers (Charge point) need more signage because I saw 2 other EVs and unless you go to the western entrance, you can't see the chargers from the eastern half due to construction in the middle of the parking structure. Oh well, I've been seeing way more EVs of all flavors around and they'll appreciate this amenity too.

Attachments

• PXL_20210919_133403546.jpg
    PXL_20210919_133403546.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: VikH