Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hillsboro, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
https://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/home/showdocument?id=25410

What: New 12-stall V3 supercharger (+ 4 L2 stalls) planned for the parking lot of the Target at Tanasbourne Town Center in Hillsboro, OR.
Address: 18101 NW Evergreen Pkwy, Hillsboro, OR 97006

GPS: 45.538579, -122.866166

Something strange with the street number in the address. The linked document gives it as 11095 but that maps to the wrong block and doesn't fit with the addresses of the surrounding stores. So, I've given the address that works best for the actual location even though it doesn't match with what's in the source document.

@Chuq @MarcoRP

It might be a Google error. If you type in "Target, Hillsboro, OR," it shows you the same place but it lists the full name and address as "Target, 11095 NW Evergreen Pkwy #18101, Hillsboro, OR 97006." But then if you type in "18101 NE Evergreen Pkwy, Beaverton, OR 97006" (which I think is the correct address), you get the same place as well.

If you type in just "11095 NE Evergreen Pkwy, Beaverton, OR 97006," you get an address a couple miles away. And to make things more confusing, that address is near a Fred Meyer which has hosted many superchargers (as has Target in other parts of the country, but not in this area). It doesn't look like an appropriate spot for a supercharger though and I don't think the address is quite close enough to the Fred Meyer to be of concern. So I think you got the right address. Nice sleuthing!

Will be a great spot for those headed to the coast that aren't starting in Portland (folks headed from the gorge, eastern oregon, sprawl south on I-5 etc.) but perhaps best used as a return spot coming back from the coast! Especially, for folks on the eastside or further afield.

If one heads out to the coast via Sunset Hwy (26) you either turn north for Seaside (and up to Astoria) and will have a SC on your route or you turn south at the 101 for Canon Beach, Manzanita, Tillamook, and/or Oswald West & natural areas. For the latter, a brief Tanasbourne stop on the return leg makes it so you don't have to drive up out of the way to Seaside for fast electricity to make it back.

It might be a Google error. If you type in "Target, Hillsboro, OR," it shows you the same place but it lists the full name and address as "Target, 11095 NW Evergreen Pkwy #18101, Hillsboro, OR 97006." But then if you type in "18101 NE Evergreen Pkwy, Beaverton, OR 97006" (which I think is the correct address), you get the same place as well.

If you type in just "11095 NE Evergreen Pkwy, Beaverton, OR 97006," you get an address a couple miles away. And to make things more confusing, that address is near a Fred Meyer which has hosted many superchargers (as has Target in other parts of the country, but not in this area). It doesn't look like an appropriate spot for a supercharger though and I don't think the address is quite close enough to the Fred Meyer to be of concern. So I think you got the right address. Nice sleuthing!
Evergreen arf and 185th in general are right on the boundary edge for Hillsboro and Beaverton. Opposing businesses on one side or the other can literally have diff city addresses.
This is good news... IF the final location is away from any of the main entrances. Otherwise it’ll be a cluster F like the Sammamish Fred Meyer, where they put the urban SuCs in the middle of the main parking lot, not tucked away in a far corner.

Oregon seems to be getting some attention finally. They don’t seem to be using the One Call digging notifications though so I’m not sure how to check for new locations. How did you find this? Did you hear something or see staging that made you then go look for the permit, or what?

I’m very curious for Hood River and Boardman, those seem like logical next places but I have no idea how to check daily to see if something that been pulled on Tesla’s behalf....

Reactions: RocketMan88
I’m very curious for Hood River and Boardman, those seem like logical next places but I have no idea how to check daily to see if something that been pulled on Tesla’s behalf....
Here is how to search for these. Oregon does have a statewide building permit search utility.
BuildingPermits.Oregon.gov

In that big yellow box at the top that says "Search", move your mouse into it and click "Building Permits".

Then in that search form, you don't need a lot of information. Just select the start-end date range you want to search in, and then in the city, just fill in Hood River or Boardman or whatever, and then click the search button. You could try to pick one permit type in the search box, but I'd rather it just pull the list of all of them, and I can read through the summaries and click through to see more details.

• Informative
Reactions: Potpourri
Here is how to search for these. Oregon does have a statewide building permit search utility.
BuildingPermits.Oregon.gov

In that big yellow box at the top that says "Search", move your mouse into it and click "Building Permits".

Then in that search form, you don't need a lot of information. Just select the start-end date range you want to search in, and then in the city, just fill in Hood River or Boardman or whatever, and then click the search button. You could try to pick one permit type in the search box, but I'd rather it just pull the list of all of them, and I can read through the summaries and click through to see more details.

That search is pretty terrible, unless the project has Tesla in the name. You can't really search just by commercial electric or anything...

I'm quite familiar with the area. The confusion of the address is likely because Hillsboro recently changed many street names, ditching the Portland oriented names, So the NW Evergreen becomes NE Evergreen and the numbers are all changed. If you read the permit, it is very clear that the location is at Target at Tanasbourne Town Center, east of 185th and south of Hwy 26.

Yea, hopefully they build the charging stalls at the back of the parking lot.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Sorry, still new here, not sure how to edit post...
Actually the last page of the permit shows the exactly location of the 12 SC stalls and 4 LV2 spots. It's the south west corner of the parking lot, along the NE Town Center Dr.
SatLoc.JPG

In addition to being in the parking lot of a Target, there's a Starbucks right across the street next to a Barnes and Nobles. This really is an excellent location. Two years ago this would have been an urban SC installation most likely. I wonder if Tesla is just doing V3+destination chargers instead these days? Makes more sense to me.

I was in the area this past weekend. Realized I was driving right by so snapped a picture from the car....

It was mid-day on a Sunday. Most of the future SC spots were unoccupied. There was even a shopping cart pushed out to one of the spots. Don't know what that's called...not ICEing.....CARTing?

View attachment 517328
Well, to be honest, there’s literally nothing related to a Supercharger here yet. It’s not really ICEing or CARTing yet, it’s more like PARKing