Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hillsboro, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally showing the correct status of the chargers on the app and in-car nav.

8B2CEDCA-D80D-41BD-9A27-9B8535A6B1D1.png

Been awhile since this thread has been updated - my wife and I have pretty regularly seeing something like 60 or 70kw charging as the max at this location. We've done enough supercharging at other locations (often the drive to Bellingham from Portland) that we know when we're clicking along at 'normal' and when there is something off with the charge rate.

Our Model X from 2017 is more limited in it's charging rate - I think 130ish kw is our typical limit. But we're seeing roughly 1/2 speed when we stop here, even when the battery starts off pretty low and should ramp much higher - at least to 110kw.

Are others seeing 1/2 speed, or similarly degraded, charging performance still at this location?

A post in Nov showed a Model 3 getting 198kw. In my 2020 Model S at this station I have seen 130kw one time(20% SOC and a not fully warmed battery). And another time 24kw (75% SOC and 45° battery). If you set your nav your battery will precondition to warm itself up to help charging. Temperature makes a big difference. I am waiting for spring to see how it changes.

Been awhile since this thread has been updated - my wife and I have pretty regularly seeing something like 60 or 70kw charging as the max at this location. We've done enough supercharging at other locations (often the drive to Bellingham from Portland) that we know when we're clicking along at 'normal' and when there is something off with the charge rate.

Our Model X from 2017 is more limited in it's charging rate - I think 130ish kw is our typical limit. But we're seeing roughly 1/2 speed when we stop here, even when the battery starts off pretty low and should ramp much higher - at least to 110kw.

Are others seeing 1/2 speed, or similarly degraded, charging performance still at this location?
If you're only driving from Portland to Hillsboro in winter, your battery will be too cold to get your max charge rate. I'm not saying that's for sure what's going on, but it's a strong possibility.

If you're only driving from Portland to Hillsboro in winter, your battery will be too cold to get your max charge rate. I'm not saying that's for sure what's going on, but it's a strong possibility.

I'm confident that it's not a cold battery - I've seen that dynamic, and I've seen the charging station refuse to budge off of 50-60kw charging rate, even when it's been there long enough to have warmed up. I do know that can happen.

It might be special for us Model X/S owners, but I routinely clear 110 kw at other superchargers - both the newer and the older.

Absent anybody else seeing something similar I suppose I'll put it down to cold battery. It's certainly the right time of the year for that.

I'm confident that it's not a cold battery - I've seen that dynamic, and I've seen the charging station refuse to budge off of 50-60kw charging rate, even when it's been there long enough to have warmed up. I do know that can happen.

It might be special for us Model X/S owners, but I routinely clear 110 kw at other superchargers - both the newer and the older.

Absent anybody else seeing something similar I suppose I'll put it down to cold battery. It's certainly the right time of the year for that.
In a previous post a page or so up, I saw 120kW for a short time when arriving with a fully warmed battery and ~10% SoC. This was back in December. This is with a P85D. Haven’t heard of others I know who’ve used this site say they saw 60-70kW right off the bat like you (unless SoC was already high and/or confirmed cold batt like they live a mile away or something).

I heard on Out of Spec Motoring a hypothesis that 250kw chargers can’t give 250kw to all 4 units at the same time. He said he would try to test it but I haven’t seen the result. I was there with all chargers full, fully warmed battery, low SOC (Model 3) and got 120-145kw over the weekend.

I heard on Out of Spec Motoring a hypothesis that 250kw chargers can’t give 250kw to all 4 units at the same time. He said he would try to test it but I haven’t seen the result. I was there with all chargers full, fully warmed battery, low SOC (Model 3) and got 120-145kw over the weekend.
It is very clear that a single V3 cabinet with 4 stalls won't be able to deliver 4 250kW at the same time, as the maximum AC input to a cabinet is 350kVA. In a station with multiple cabinets, they have the potential to deliver more as the cabinets can share DC power among them up to 575kW. That basically says 4 stalls from one cabinet can never deliver 4x 250kW at the same time.

How much total power can be delivered at the same time at a station is pretty much determined by the main AC circuit the site is set up for.

superchargerplate2-jpg.32644

Just found out on my navigation screen that the price for this SC is down to just 17c/min from I think 31c/min. This is almost comparable to home charging. I don't know if they really charge at that price though. All the other chargers around is about 30c/min or at least have a tiered price rate.

Just found out on my navigation screen that the price for this SC is down to just 17c/min from I think 31c/min. This is almost comparable to home charging. I don't know if they really charge at that price though. All the other chargers around is about 30c/min or at least have a tiered price rate.
I know Tesla was offering 50% for nighttime superchargeing in CA, didn’t think it was up here. What time did you check? I have free superchargeing so my nav never shows any cost expect the idle fee so cannot confirm nor deny.

The nav system says one unit is out of service. Anybody know which one it is? I am here right now and was going to tag it with a label so folks knew not to use that one…

It drives me crazy that Tesla knows one stall is down and shows that on the nav but yet they don’t tell people which stall has the problem?!? That is annoying.