Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hillsboro, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but Tanasbourne is just too busy of an area IMO. The North Plains/Banks exit would’ve been perfect. Would dramatically lower convenience charging use and still be great for coast trips.
(Putting Nomex suit on now... :))

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian
Update as of 3:00 PM today. I counted 11 pedestals in the ground already. This place is going to be hopping, I think. So many Teslas around here.

IMG_2155.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

There should be 12 Superchargers and two ChargePoint pedestals with 2 cords each. If it is like the ones at a Target in CA I saw the ChargePoints will be free. Not super important for my Model S (unless I will be shopping for several hours). But it will be nice for my wife’s Chevy Bolt.

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but Tanasbourne is just too busy of an area IMO. The North Plains/Banks exit would’ve been perfect. Would dramatically lower convenience charging use and still be great for coast trips.
(Putting Nomex suit on now... :))

Yeah, I was voting for one exit further West (Cornelius Pass) in the back of the Freddy’s parking lot close to Panda Express.

You need to put them places with amenities (food, shopping, bathrooms), so that was the last exit you could do it at (though brookwood is developing now too).

But I think a lot of the use case for this one will be folks charging that don’t have charging at home (apartments), so the use case is a bit different.

I will take it as-is though! There is nothing that stops them from adding more later!!!

Given how loose Tesla sometimes is with where they put the pins in their map, the Portland or the Portland-NW pin could easily be representing Hillsboro.

This is what I assumed too. It sure isn't getting installed in the middle of the Lief Erikson trail like Tesla's map shows. Unless there's an EV quad trail in the middle of forest park that I don't know about...