Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hillsboro, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I assumed too. It sure isn't getting installed in the middle of the Lief Erikson trail like Tesla's map shows. Unless there's an EV quad trail in the middle of forest park that I don't know about...

Tesla map 'coming soon' does not indicate specific location - usually the Google center of the town name or suburb name.

I do think this Tanasbourne location is the "Portland - NW" location. The 2nd Vancouver location was a surprise. I still think that one might end up being the "Portland - NE" location. That is, Tesla never installs one in upper NE Portland (even though it still shows on the coming soon map for now...). There's still downtown and SE Portland on the map. I remember seeing a rumor somewhere about something off SE Powell.

Couple more photos from the Portland Tesla FB Page. These were taken just a couple hours ago.
Thanks for the pics!

Stopped by yesterday afternoon. Superchargers are still waiting on their pallets. No switchgear cabinets evident yet. Poured concrete pads are in place around the conduit for the superchargers and the switchgear cabinets. Transformer vault is in place, with an empty trench open to the switchgear pad. Conduit is installed in an open trench from the transformer vault to a second vault in the opposite direction, which I'm guessing will house the distribution junction.

Great to see continued progress, but my guess is that this will still take a while. I hate to be the transformer Eeyore again, but I won't start getting excited until we see a big green utility transformer sitting on its vault...assuming the other cable pulls and connections have been completed by then. For those who can monitor more often, the transformer vault is the one in the foreground of the attached photo.

IMG_8829.JPG

Last edited:
Still progressing... Funny how much I am watching this. I live two miles away but since I charge at home I will probably never use it(except on opening day to get if I get over 200kw).

View attachment 601747
Nice to see some movement! My parents live in Aloha, so coming from Utah this will be nice to top off as they only have 110v outlets at their house. No more having to go to Washington Square and chilling there for a bit to get some juice!

Switchgear is in!

Rectifiers are in!

Wire is pulled (well it jammed to the last one so they will come back to fix that).

Primary voltage intercept vault is in. Someone said PGE is coming Tuesday to do their work.

No transformer yet, but someone else got a picture of the pad it sits on next to the switchgear so that it good (it was missing before).

We shall see if they get this done prior to the holiday construction moratoriums (imposed by the retailers).

F9663819-8CD1-4C2E-A3DF-BD5C0B529A49.jpeg
1AD58360-E095-415F-A2FC-B9F37736B77F.jpeg
EC6DFBA7-1AC4-4DAA-9221-713D572FCF84.jpeg
DA19B329-CB95-4A3B-871A-147596A031C3.jpeg
CB108763-19FF-4819-8EAE-8503876B4CEA.jpeg
AC9C6DBC-475B-4B99-AEC3-DB31E4E48C64.jpeg

Some photos from this evening from one of the people doing the install.

Looks like we are getting close, folks!

Intercept work is complete. Trenches are back filled. It sounds like power is hot all the way to the main disconnect.

If that is true, someone just has to come out and turn it on and test it! (I am not sure if commissioning is done by Tesla or by contractors)

This thing is stupid close to being ready to go.

All construction equipment has been removed from the site as of tonight.

4E41C7E6-1140-4673-97D9-DC3407929381.jpeg
461FF95A-5D1B-45E5-8615-EC631CB1DFF6.jpeg
68EEF3E9-B847-4D56-B408-59D36288C413.jpeg