Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hilton Head Island, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm honestly surprised that they're not muted browns and greens. The Island has had an iron grip on the color schemes of everything built there for as long as I can remember. Everything is camouflaged to blend into the trees. It's always amazed me that they were able to make even McDonald's and WalMart comply.

Just FYI...it doesn't show up on the Tesla Website quite yet.
I think it’s funny that the signs they have there are not the normal red so they did do some adjusting.

I’m beyond happy to see more Supercharger locations opening in South Carolina. This will push Tesla forward in SC. Prior to Charleston and Hilton Head, the coast was almost off limits (without using destination/slow chargers). I’m glad Tesla finally got their act together and opened the SC coast to Tesla drivers! (Yes I know myrtle beach has had a charger awhile but that’s more touristy location from outside the state. Many local people from SC love the other beaches/costal regions.)

also, 24 cents a minute on a version 3 charger can be a hell of a deal at the right SOC :)

Yeah, per minute pricing is super cheap at fast charge rates. I charged at HHI last night and it was $2.50 for something like 30% added.

The bars and restaurants were packed, by the way. Yikes.

8E7E9D98-6347-4DC5-AC7C-51635C8E5AC2.jpeg
1CA6F8AC-C162-4109-849C-EB1BEB55B275.jpeg

Last edited:
Yikes? That’s great. That means people are making money to provide for their families? Business businesses are what the world aims for.

You do understand how contagious diseases work, right? Half my staff has been laid off since March because people in communities around the country can’t accept relatively minor modifications to their lifestyles for the greater good.

Anyway, this is way off topic for a Supercharger thread. Happy to engage in further conversation in a private message.

You do understand how contagious diseases work, right? Half my staff has been laid off since March because people in communities around the country can’t accept relatively minor modifications to their lifestyles for the greater good.

Anyway, this is way off topic for a Supercharger thread. Happy to engage in further conversation in a private message.
Your statement is what makes me happy businesses are open and busy. It’s terrible for a company to have to lay off staff. Wear the mask and carry on. I wish your company the best. I do agree way off topic. This wasn’t politically motivated and shouldn’t be taken that way.

Reactions: mikes_fsd

Off topic or not, I have to agree with @loganwatson here. If bars and restaurants are closed, or if open but few people are there, the economy takes a hit and tons of people get laid off. We need people working and earning a living so they can support their families. We need to do it safely, of course. Space the tables out appropriately and have staff wear a mask while patrons wear a mask while not seated. And those who are at high risk of serious complications for Covid should absolutely limit their time away from home. But for most of us it is perfectly fine and safe to shop, dine and enjoy life with a few safety protocols in place.

Off topic or not, I have to agree with @loganwatson here. If bars and restaurants are closed, or if open but few people are there, the economy takes a hit and tons of people get laid off. We need people working and earning a living so they can support their families. We need to do it safely, of course. Space the tables out appropriately and have staff wear a mask while patrons wear a mask while not seated. And those who are at high risk of serious complications for Covid should absolutely limit their time away from home. But for most of us it is perfectly fine and safe to shop, dine and enjoy life with a few safety protocols in place.

I hear on the news about a 2nd lockdown.... We are very close to curing the disease but killing the patient.

It looks like 4 of the 8 chargers are down. I tested the 3 closest to the Mellow Mushroom restaurant and only 2 were up. A model 3 tried the one at the other end with no luck. I only got up to 69Kwh, Wednesday I had gotten up to 129Kwh. Hopefully Tesla is on it with Thanksgiving traffic coming up.

It looks like 4 of the 8 chargers are down. I tested the 3 closest to the Mellow Mushroom restaurant and only 2 were up. A model 3 tried the one at the other end with no luck. I only got up to 69Kwh, Wednesday I had gotten up to 129Kwh. Hopefully Tesla is on it with Thanksgiving traffic coming up.

They really need to modify the app to allow users to report SC outages.

• Love
Reactions: scsmx and mikes_fsd
I agree. They claim that they auto report back but ehhh I don’t know if I believe all that.

I do believe they can detect some issues remotely, but not all. If an individual charger in the cabinet goes down (which is the cause of certain slow charging issues--at V2 Superchargers anyway). But I don't think there would really be any way to detect many problems at the pedestal such as a broken connector, or the stall being blocked by something on the ground. I suppose they could detect an individual pedestal not being used EVER...

I agree. They could enable so much more in the app, or center console screen. Give us a way to report a problem, or even give us some information on screen such as which stalls are consuming how much power so we can make an educated guess as to what stall to plug into when we arrive at a Supercharger.

Reactions: Cgoral42