Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hilton Head Island, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took me three tries tonight to find a stall that was working.

3rd one down (starting closest to HT) works but I only got as high as 339mi/hr.

I’ll test more as the week progresses.
Reporting charging speeds in mi/hr is not useful because the same electrical power will result in different values for different models of car. Because the mi/hr number depends on the car's efficiency, a Model 3 would report a different value than a Model S/X/Y. And people who drive different cars won't know how to convert between that value in your car model to the expected value in their car model. You should only use kW to describe charging power as that's the same for everyone and anyone who wants to think about charging power in terms of mi/hr can do the conversion for themselves.

Caveat: If you're just wanting to crow that the mi/hr value hit some meaningful number, like "It was over 1,000mi/hr!!!!!!" that's ok. But for discussion where you're trying to convey actual information mi/hr i's not a good unit choice.

Seasons greetings all. Having just returned from HHI, I wanted to be sure all knew that this supercharger is fully operational and has 8 mostly vacant chargers ready for you. Just 40 steps from the Harris Teeter (containing a Starbucks) and about 70 paces from some of the best Mellow mushroom pizza, outdoor patio etc. If your location is anywhere near this charger, you now have another great reason to go visit nearby Harbor Town. Enjoy!
20201124_200435.jpg

I visited this site over Thanksgiving as well...and it was nearly empty when I was there. Don't have my car yet, so I can't speak to speeds or anything, but there were was a White Model Y and a Bronze Model S there that I saw. But I can confirm that the Harris Teeter is as close as reported...as is the Mellow Mushroom. There's also a Sweet Frog as well as a whole lot of other stores in the shopping plaza.

Getting to Harbor Town would be kind of tough...you'd have to pay to get through the Sea Pines front gate and you'd have a good long walk from there.

I tried this location over the weekend. The first stall that I came to only registered equipment failures. The next had a faulty charge pin and was difficult to connect. Once connected, I got about 30% out of it before it went to a kind of limp mode (<5KW). Moved again and finished at ~80 KW, which is about what I'd expect for the state of charge. It seems like there are still some kinks to work out here.

• Helpful
Reactions: mikes_fsd
I tried this location over the weekend. The first stall that I came to only registered equipment failures. The next had a faulty charge pin and was difficult to connect. Once connected, I got about 30% out of it before it went to a kind of limp mode (<5KW). Moved again and finished at ~80 KW, which is about what I'd expect for the state of charge. It seems like there are still some kinks to work out here.
Thanks for the info. Did you report this on plugshare? Plugshare gets a wider audience.