Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hilton Head, SC - William Hilton Parkway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spotted new supercharger, Hilton Head Island at Parkers on Matthews Drive.

messages_0.jpeg

@corywright @MarcoRP

Looks like the address is 436 William Hilton Pkwy, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926

A curious new location considering Hilton Head already has an 8 stall V3 but this one is on the other side of the island, albeit it’s a small island. Must be a heavy usage area. Charleston definitely needs another one also.

Last edited:
You scooped me on this one! I just saw it while here on vacation.
@corywright @MarcoRP

Looks like the address is 436 William Hilton Pkwy, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926

A curious new location considering Hilton Head already has an 8 stall V3 but this one is on the other side of the island, albeit it’s a small island. Must be a heavy usage area. Charleston definitely needs another one also.
My family has a home on Hilton Head, the current v3 is at the South end of the island outside of Sea Pines which is a very busy area, but the only bridge off the island is towards the north end of the island so I guess this is part of the reason for 2 locations. For my money another Charleston location and getting Dublin done would be a big help

My family has a home on Hilton Head, the current v3 is at the South end of the island outside of Sea Pines which is a very busy area, but the only bridge off the island is towards the north end of the island so I guess this is part of the reason for 2 locations. For my money another Charleston location and getting Dublin done would be a big help
This one will definitely make it easier to top off coming in or out of Hilton Head if your place doesn’t have charging. I’m still holding out hope one magically appears on 26 around Spartanburg. That would be a big help to a lot of travelers.

Wow! This one doesn't even show on Tesla's map.
As has been stated many times, we need a charger between Columbia and Spartanburg, preferably at the I-385 split.
That is interesting that it isn't on the official Tesla webpage. I always love these "ninja" SuC locations when they pop up. ⚡🥷

This is right near the Airport as well, I wonder if it was planned to have some relationship with Hertz Rental of Tesla vehicles

At the time about 1 year ago exactly I wrote on the only Hilton Head supercharger thread that we needed another supercharger on the other side of the Island. There's too much tourist traffic on this island even more so in the summer, and unfortunately the south end supercharger got disabled by a semi-truck hitting an electric box while making a tight turn behind the Teeter grocery store and closest place to supercharger was 45 min away. I did write a post on that thread about a recommendation for another supercharger by Sea Turtle Marketplace and looks like the Tesla GODS have spoken since they precisely installed a v3 8 stall supercharger at that exact requested location. Tesla if you're reading this post, you're doing it right props to you. ☺

Crazy how right before COVID-19, I did my first trip out there and the closest thing was Savannah Airport.

Now, there's Hardeeville, two Hilton heads, and another savannah nearby.
just for lolz.... my sister lives in Richmond hill. I dunno if my bro in law was driving or one of my sister's kids... we share vehicles on the app... so I get a low charge alert on my sisters model x and see she has 16 miles left and the car is driving toward that pooler supercharger... ohhhh ohhh nope it drove right past the super charger and continued to get on I-95 going south... with AC set to 65F, going 80mph... and the suspense is nail biting... they made it to the Richmond hill exit... and pulled over 1 mile shy of home and plugged into a 120v outlet. Dohhhh.... lolz. Charged the car for about 4 hours and then drove it the remaining mile to their house.