Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hines, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I make the trip quite often between Boise and Bend. I would love to take my Model Y, but don’t want to spend 3 hrs or more in Burns for level 2 charging depending on if the Chamber ones are working or investing $400 for Chademo - would rather spend time wine tasting in Walla Walla going the Columbia River route.

last time thru was 2 weeks ago and absolutely no sign of activity.

also queried both the power company for no response and the Harney County Chamber of Commerce. Response from Chamber did not address the Supercharger plan question, only pointed out the free level 2 charging provided.

There is zero awareness in any of the locals I talked with.

Don’t hold your breath! I would be very surprised if the Hines Supercharger is built and becomes operational in 2021.

Work has started!!

Brins.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@MarcoRP - With this document and the report from @COnewbie2019 that digging has started, does this merit a Supercharge.info status update from permit to construction?
I only speak for myself, but definitely would be nice to have an actual picture of construction before updating the status. There have plenty of false alarms over the years. People have even reported "superchargers" being active when they were actually looking at L2 chargers lol.

For people that like a visual (like me), this empty patch of grass/dirt to the east of Roe Davis Ave is where the charger will be built. Here's a link to the Google Maps location: 43°34'21.7"N 119°04'28.4"W

The pin (GPS) was correct but the address was off. This should be fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.

The GPS location in supercharge.info is still a little off compared to the information in this thread. Please update it to 43.572694, -119.074556.

And with the Alturas, CA Supercharger also under construction, US-395 will soon be partially traversible, at least with a diversion to Pendleton, OR.
Even without the diversion, it's actually slightly faster to go through Bend, OR when traveling Alturas, CA to Kennewick, WA than it is to stay on US395. Maybe it's a wash in a Tesla due to being less miles, I suppose. That stretch from Burns up to Pendleton looks like a bear. I've actually never done it!

Reactions: upinatem
Even without the diversion, it's actually slightly faster to go through Bend, OR when traveling Alturas, CA to Kennewick, WA than it is to stay on US395. Maybe it's a wash in a Tesla due to being less miles, I suppose. That stretch from Burns up to Pendleton looks like a bear. I've actually never done it!
The ride from Burns to at least John Day is really beautiful! I also think the next stretch is as well but cannot verify from personal experience!