Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hines, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and this quote seems to work in the Tesla world : it's done when it's done.

It really is something that, going into the project (Supercharger), you'd think enough of them being installed would mean accurate planning with the local electron providers could be improved. And this one being a MAJOR connector station (OR Hwy 20, Bend to Ontario), i'd hope things are aligned.

but again...refer to that 1st line quote, ha.

Reactions: Fadiawesome
and this quote seems to work in the Tesla world : it's done when it's done.

It really is something that, going into the project (Supercharger), you'd think enough of them being installed would mean accurate planning with the local electron providers could be improved. And this one being a MAJOR connector station (OR Hwy 20, Bend to Ontario), i'd hope things are aligned.

but again...refer to that 1st line quote, ha.

I would think the subcontractor (in this case Blackstone) would be the ones working with the local utilities. It's probably issues with Tesla not informing the contractor until just a few days before when equipment will show up on site and then the contractor works with the utility and it's possible that schedules are already set a few weeks out...

Or the contractor has been burned a couple times when they've lined everything up and Tesla doesn't delivery equipment when they said they would, and the utility is pissed they had to reschedule.

Or, it may be that the local utility won't schedule an inspection to energize the system until the contractor notifies them that work is complete. When Tesla installed my PowerWall, NV Energy would not schedule the inspection until Tesla notified them of completion. When Tesla notified them they were supposed to contact me to schedule an inspection. After waiting one week I called NV Energy and their response was "oh yeah, I see we haven't called you yet". At that point the earliest date I could get was 8 weeks out. Two weeks into that waiting period they called to delay the inspection another 3 weeks. My PowerWall sat unusable for 3 months all due to the local utility.

It is an undulating drive up and down four or five summits before plateauing out, then descending towards Pendleton. You can't drive fast along much of the highway.
I wasn't super pleased, as I was the passenger carpooling with a bunch of other people in highschool, but I have definitely made the John Day -> Pendeleton highway 395 stretch averaging about 95mph.

It is a beautiful drive though during the day. Lots of wildlife. I've seen a family of bears along the river. And as you say lots of diverse scenery.

Coming along.

6940DCFC-E782-4AF5-B957-6FE06CB10595.jpeg

In other Harney County, Oregon charging news, I just posted Fields, Oregon (one of the most rural places in the entire country) to Plugshare after talking with the owners there. Four RV spots available at 30 amps each, so not incredible (and they would want $25 for an overnight charge), but certainly better than nothing and makes it much more feasible to get a Tesla onto the Alvord Desert (a long running dream of mine). PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

In other Harney County, Oregon charging news, I just posted Fields, Oregon (one of the most rural places in the entire country) to Plugshare after talking with the owners there. Four RV spots available at 30 amps each, so not incredible (and they would want $25 for an overnight charge), but certainly better than nothing and makes it much more feasible to get a Tesla onto the Alvord Desert (a long running dream of mine). PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
When RV people are talking about 30A plugs they are usually refering to NEMA TT-30 plugs which are rated for 120V 30A and thus capable of 2.88kW charging at most. Moreover, Tesla doesn't make UMC adapters for these plugs so you have to buy them from third parties.

When RV people are talking about 30A plugs they are usually refering to NEMA TT-30 plugs which are rated for 120V 30A and thus capable of 2.88kW charging at most. Moreover, Tesla doesn't make UMC adapters for these plugs so you have to buy them from third parties.

Yes, definitely. I made sure to note this in the PlugShare listing and confirmed the protocol with the owners of Fields Station.

Reactions: Johnny Vector