TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MarkR, Dec 20, 2013.

1. MarkR

MarkR Member

MikeC had photos of Flagstaff rather than Holbrook, but the text has a time frame of mid-January for Flagstaff, Kingman, and HOLBROOK. This is the first time that I've seen a date associated the the Holbrook location (elsewhere posted to be located at another Carl's Jr.). We have friends going through Holbrook over the holidays and have asked for pix, but would love it if somebody beats us to it.

2. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

3. MarkR

MarkR Member

I appreciate the challenge, but don't care much about competition . . . the entire Tesla Community are winners as the nationwide supercharger network comes online. For that matter, mankind becomes the winner as we continue to prove that that alternative energy sources can replace fossil fuels. Go Tesla!

4. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Hope I'm not giving anyone false hope with my report. The guy did say they'd be off for the holidays and since it's been reported there is no construction at Holbrook yet, it will probably be later in January that they finish. And of course, he also said the final step is the power company turning it on and there's no telling when that might be.

5. MarkR

MarkR Member

Heh . . . false hope may be better than no hope at all. We've got faith that Holbrook is going to be online within a couple of months. I suppose that Elon could do the 185 mile trek between Flagstaff and Gallup, but a bite of burger and a few electrons at Carl's Jr. in Holbrook would make it a bit more comfortable!

6. CantaMia Ron

CantaMia Ron Member

They are putting a SC in Farmington ,New Mexico That they say in news paper from there, that a friend sent to me.

7. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Whole thread about it here... Farmington, NM Supercharger - Page 5

8. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

MarkR and I have hired a spy photographer to get pics of the Holbrook site under construction. She keeps sending photos, but all are like below.

Mark -
    I think we should ask for a refund...

Attached Files:

9. MarkR

MarkR Member

Matt: We contracted with a noted photographer to capture the action in Holbrook, but apparently there's nothing yet happening. I agree that we need to demand a refund . . . this photographer is for the birds! . . . but at least I got a better bird picture.

Attached Files:

10. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Here is a picture of the Phantom Photographer that I used for Farmington. You should try a drone next time... :wink:

Phantom.JPG

11. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Looks like our noted photographer managed to take a pic without birds. Unfortunately no Supercharger construction in Holbrook yet...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388250816.730079.jpg

12. CantaMia Ron

CantaMia Ron Member

How do you put a picture on the post?

13. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Use the insert image tool -- it's the icon that looks like a tree in a square frame, 3rd from the right when you edit/compose a post...

14. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I went to check out the Holbrook Supercharger site (Carl's Jr.) for any construction work yesterday. Nothing new to report. Here are some pictures
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389201553.160068.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389201568.025093.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389201585.275581.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389201595.717203.jpg

15. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Haha, awesome pictures! Hopefully soon!

16. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

17. callmesam

callmesam Member

How did you discover this? I've heard of people getting updates whenever there is a change to the Tesla website. AWESOME!

18. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

I just have all the under construction locations bookmarked and check them periodically. This one will probably disappear soon if they notice traffic is going to it.

19. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

That's interesting that it's located at the Burger King because previous indications were that this supercharger was located at the Carl's Jr. I'll be driving by there tomorrow and I'll check out to see if there really is any construction at the Burger King or the Carl's Jr.

20. NuclearPowered

Interesting that it says Burger King. We have been under the impression it was at the Carl's Jr