Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what’s up with this SC? It definitely does not show up at all on my Nav system anymore. That means no preconditioning, of course. But, I am more concerned that it will be totally offline when I stop there in a few days. Not really any other good options on that route. :(

Anyone know what’s up with this SC? It definitely does not show up at all on my Nav system anymore. That means no preconditioning, of course. But, I am more concerned that it will be totally offline when I stop there in a few days. Not really any other good options on that route. :(

I was concerned about this too but there have been plenty of recent check ins on plugshare and also it is still listed on the Tesla "find us" web page.

Reactions: PStewart
Moderator note: This post plus the reply two posts below were moved from another thread.

Anyone have any information on the Holbrook, AZ supercharger's status.
Driving west on Rt. 40 on Friday 11/20 I was surprised when charging was limited at Gallup (busy charger) and then Holbrook wasn't even listed on my model 3's screen. Made it to Flagstaff with 13 miles of charge left.
Holbrook is still shown as active at Tesla.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: gregoryg
Charged here around lunch time 12/1. This site is finally showing on the nav again, so pre-conditioning worked. No other Teslas at the time. Got over 100kW at 45% SOC (stall closest to the road). Burger King is still drive-thru only. Quick and easy walk over to the Circle K to use the restroom; clean bathroom; friendly cashier; made a small purchase of course. The Maverick convenience store just down the road to the South is also a good place to stop, if needed.

V3 Supercharger expansion underway at Holbrook

0FD78ED5-4ACB-4E6C-838D-09D5D9143629.jpeg

Great news! With Gallup also undergoing expansion, that leaves Albuquerque (6 stalls, major interstate junction) conspicuously undersized. Can we hope for an expansion there too? :)
Also Needles with 4 stalls. And eventually the superchargers in the 4 corners region will need to be expanded or perhaps new locations will be added. I'm talking about Farmington, Blanding, and Moab). At the rate Tesla is growing, this stuff probably needs to happen sooner rather than later. Like this year.

When I do southernly X-country routes, I've been going I-10. I tried I-40 a few months ago, but the charging times are significantly longer due to 1) more 120/150 kw superchargers and 2) longer wait times at busy superchargers.

Tesla really needs to upgrade this route to V3 ASAP. I would cut hours off the X-country trips for everyone.

Two V3s is a big expansion for Holbrook! The lack of easily accessible restrooms remains a problem at this location, however.

I'm still hoping for a Grants Supercharger Station, which would be helpful to increase options on that section of I-40. And Albuquerque is in desperate need of a second and better location.

I camp at Homolovi State Park, near Winslow, when passing through to and from Arizona. Most of the campsites have TT-30 RV pedestals (2.88 kW, requires an adapter not available from Tesla) and a few have 14-50, if I can manage to reserve one of those. Makes getting to Gallup, Flagstaff or Payson easy. Arizona has the most user-friendly state park website of the dozen I've visited.

Last edited:
Reactions: IdaX and Matsayz
Even before the lobby shutdown for the pandemic, that Burger King limited restrooms to paying customers only. Now, not even that.

As you saw, Gallup and Holbrook aren't the best supercharging experiences in the network!

Albuquerque is subpar as well. How is it that a city the size of Albuquerque has just one small, poorly located, Supercharger Station?

I-40 in that section could use some TLC.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
Even before the lobby shutdown for the pandemic, that Burger King limited restrooms to paying customers only. Now, not even that.

As you saw, Gallup and Holbrook aren't the best supercharging experiences in the network!

Albuquerque is subpar as well. How is it that a city the size of Albuquerque has just one small, poorly located, Supercharger Station?

I-40 in that section could use some TLC.

When possible, I avoid I-40 on X-country trips. The superchargers, for the most part, are older V1 or V2 and don't give as good of a rate. And then there is that LONG gap along 40 from Oklahoma City to Arkansas. In my P3D I either have to drive 10 below the speed limit, or stop along the way and get a few miles with a Chademo adapter.

When possible, I avoid I-40 on X-country trips. The superchargers, for the most part, are older V1 or V2 and don't give as good of a rate. And then there is that LONG gap along 40 from Oklahoma City to Arkansas. In my P3D I either have to drive 10 below the speed limit, or stop along the way and get a few miles with a Chademo adapter.
I've never driven I-40 east of Albuquerque but am unimpressed with the route between ABQ and Flagstaff, although I find that Homolovi State Park (near Winslow) makes a convenient overnight camping spot (mostly TT-30 but there area a handful of 14-50 RV pedestals that can be reserved).

The problem is that, without a Kayenta Supercharger Station (not even on the "coming soon" maps anymore), I-40 is the only practical way to get to Arizona. At least Gallup has been fixed with the addition of a V3 unit. I don't expect lines there very often in the next couple of years. I've waited for hours in the past.

Reactions: SnowFlyer