Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Honolulu, HI - Kahala Resort (12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A "valet only" supercharger makes no sense here, hotel guests sleep at the hotel, destination chargers would fill batteries overnight and visitors aren't taking 300mi road trips every day. Nobody who lives here is paying a $25 valet premium to charge, plus charge rates. 15A at home is plenty for most residents in reality. There are other superchargers located in hotel carparks where they initially tried to charge people, and then had to figure out a system to let the supercharger cars in without charging them a fee. What a ham-fisted plan, if true.

We have a transformer now. 1.5Meg. 12 stalls all v3.

Attachments

• 424400ED-66A8-4823-8404-E6E800B98D66.jpeg
    424400ED-66A8-4823-8404-E6E800B98D66.jpeg
    781.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 86234881-AF9F-420B-ABC1-931DD3681904.jpeg
    86234881-AF9F-420B-ABC1-931DD3681904.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 131
  • D64597AA-0738-49FD-AE82-CA56718D7179.jpeg
    D64597AA-0738-49FD-AE82-CA56718D7179.jpeg
    647 KB · Views: 137
  • BAA92F43-3222-480F-817D-8A0C877521C1.jpeg
    BAA92F43-3222-480F-817D-8A0C877521C1.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 135
I drove by, no Tesla signs yet. Drive into parking structure a few weeks ago, couldn’t get to top floor where they are located.
I still say this is going to be hotel-use only for a fleet of teslas for hotel guest use only. The Four Seasons Lanai and Maui already have a similar program in place for their guests and the chargers they installed for those vehicles are not available to the public to use.

The fact that you can't get to the chargers supports that the hotel has no intention of making the chargers availale to the public.

I still say this is going to be hotel-use only for a fleet of teslas for hotel guest use only.
The Four Seasons Lanai and Maui already have a similar program in place for their guests
and the chargers they installed for those vehicles are not available to the public to use.

But those chargers are L2 with J1772 plug. Not L3 DCFC with NACS plug.

24 - Tesla, J-1772​
10 - SemaConnect, 6.24 kW​

1 - Tesla, J-1772​
2 - OpConnect, 5.76 kW​
3 - OpConnect,16 kW​

I still say this is going to be hotel-use only for a fleet of teslas for hotel guest use only. The Four Seasons Lanai and Maui already have a similar program in place for their guests and the chargers they installed for those vehicles are not available to the public to use.

The fact that you can't get to the chargers supports that the hotel has no intention of making the chargers availale to the public.
Tesla charging team has confirmed it will be available to the public but you'll have to pay for parking to get to it. Waiting on HECO to "flip the switch".

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Tesla charging team has confirmed it will be available to the public but you'll have to pay for parking to get to it. Waiting on HECO to "flip the switch".
And unless Kahala has changed the parking fee that they posted on a board when this first started; parking is min $25, or $25 min spent in hotel restaurant or gift shop. That fee is in addition to the cost of charging at the Supercharger.

And unless Kahala has changed the parking fee that they posted on a board when this first started; parking is min $25, or $25 min spent in hotel restaurant or gift shop. That fee is in addition to the cost of charging at the Supercharger.

I noticed that often, when you use a Supercharging in a pay parking lot, the first 30 minutes are waive when charging

I noticed that often, when you use a Supercharging in a pay parking lot, the first 30 minutes are waive when charging
I freely defer to your expertise sir. I am not a parking lot aficionado. My source is the Kahala parking rate signage. Scroll back up to post #15, please. One of the last pictures at the bottom of that post have those rates. Must do a little calculation to get that (correction) $ 18 parking cost. Of course its been almost a year and Uncle Joe's inflation to consider, the rate is likely higher.

img_9182-jpg.834091

Honestly, the rates aren't too bad. Compare to other high property value locations like New York City, and this starts to seem - dare I say - reasonable. Hopefully this will absorb some of the rental vehicle load and relieve pressure on Aiea. Kaneohe can't come soon enough.
Really? If I was an ICE owner and got a Tesla rental on Oahu, this would leave a very bad taste in my mouth. Not a good arrangement for the Supercharger situation on the island.

I’m a 2 Tesla owner and would rather rent an ICE car on any of the islands (except maybe Lanai). Tesla needs to fix this, at least for the benefit of The Mission.

If I were visiting the island with a Tesla rental, I’d charge here and check out the resort, undoubtedly spending enough money to get parking validation. Seems like a nice place, so why not? Sure beats waiting in line for an hour at Aiea.

Reactions: nanimac
If I were visiting the island with a Tesla rental, I’d charge here and check out the resort, undoubtedly spending enough money to get parking validation. Seems like a nice place, so why not? Sure beats waiting in line for an hour at Aiea.
Yes, you are correct. Kahala Hotel is a very nice place. One of these days (soon we hope), talking about Aiea is going to get confusing. The Superchargers (6 spaces) are outside one of the main door of the closed Sears (Downtown) at a very large shopping center called Pearl Ridge. Pearl Ridge is so large, its divided into to parts, referred to as Pearlridge Uptown and Pearlridge Downtown. Since before the Downtown 6 space SC was opened, work has been underway at a 12 space Supercharger at Uptown in the parking lot as well. Work was/is delayed waiting on new power transformer. When it does finally go live, it will double the capacity compared to the current 6. What we don't know is if, the 6 space SC will be closed or continue to operate roughly 1/3-1/2 mile from the 12 space SC. Both are still in Aiea, and will likely cause some confusing if 6 is closed after 12 opens. And will frustrate all if we lose 6 we so desperately need/use.