Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hood River, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be good if they located it in the parking lot across from the Full Sail Brewery!

as much as this would make my wife the happiest woman on the planet, I think that is probably not a good location. it's in. town a bit, and not a lot of parking (that lot is regularly full), though there is an EV spot right there.

I would put my money on next to the sinclair right off the interstate. lots of open space and the sushi bar up the way. I might even pick the Hampton inn first. there are also a number of good spots by the waterfront park.

Reactions: pdxrajiv
I think that is probably not a good location. it's in town a bit, and not a lot of parking (that lot is regularly full), though there is an EV spot right there.

I would put my money on next to the sinclair right off the interstate. lots of open space and the sushi bar up the way.
Disagree
I'd rather be able to enjoy the town (Hood River's is nice) than be uber-convenient to the freeway. The movie theatre is right downtown. And Hood River is super small anyways (almost nowhere isn't right off the freeway)... esp downtown.
Agree

I think it's kind of a laugh to talk about it being all the way "in town" when it's like a quarter of a mile. :eek: You may have a point about needing to pick a place with enough parking, but aside from that, there is not much on that North side of the highway by the Sinclair, and I would much prefer to have it in town where there is a whole lot more to do within just a few blocks.

Reactions: RocketMan88
Just saying, if you gotta go build something, it’s probably going to be easier to not do it in the middle of a town that is already high traffic rather than build it in an emptier area. The waterfront park is far more clear, has breweries, more places to park, places to eat, and is the same distance as full sail. The Sinclair side has enough and lots of space. Sadly, tesla doesn’t really seem to think about our stomachs or we wouldn’t have north bend where it is.

I think if we (and note, I would like full sail as well) want full sail, contacting whoever owns the parking over in that area, where they would put the supercharger, and telling them that we’d encourage them to be open to this as we would go there specifically because they allowed it to happen. This would precondition (heh) them for any communication from tesla

Just saying, if you gotta go build something, it’s probably going to be easier to not do it in the middle of a town that is already high traffic rather than build it in an emptier area. The waterfront park is far more clear, has breweries, more places to park, places to eat, and is the same distance as full sail. The Sinclair side has enough and lots of space. Sadly, tesla doesn’t really seem to think about our stomachs or we wouldn’t have north bend where it is.

I think if we (and note, I would like full sail as well) want full sail, contacting whoever owns the parking over in that area, where they would put the supercharger, and telling them that we’d encourage them to be open to this as we would go there specifically because they allowed it to happen. This would precondition (heh) them for any communication from tesla
North Bend is in the parking lot of a restaurant. You may not like the restaurant but it is right there. There are a few other nearby eating options as well.

Tesla's website has updated this location on the map to say Q2 2021.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 7.25.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 7.25.03 PM.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 226
I realize I'm yelling into the void here, but the lack of movement on this SC is disgraceful. No. of Teslas on the road here in Oregon have grown exponentially but our SC capacity is badly lagging. In CA, you can't throw a rock without hitting a SC 15 miles away, meanwhile, here in OR, the Dalles SC is badly overburdened and I84 is effectively shut down in the few instances when the Dalles SC has fully gone down. We need action on this SC ASAP!!

Ok, anybody else so disgusted that there’s nothing except four lousy stalls between Portland and Kennewick.? How about buying property in Biggs Junction, at highway 97 and I-84? Last time I checked a couple of months ago it was still available. Any Teslanaires out there willing to help?

Ok, anybody else so disgusted that there’s nothing except four lousy stalls between Portland and Kennewick.? How about buying property in Biggs Junction, at highway 97 and I-84? Last time I checked a couple of months ago it was still available. Any Teslanaires out there willing to help?
Commercial - 091504 Biggs Rufus Hwy, Wasco, OR 97065 - - - Price $1,50 1.5 million

91689 Biggs Rufus Hwy, Wasco, OR 97065 - Biggs Tire Service - Business For Sale | LoopNet.com tire business down the road for 750k

0 Biggs-Rufus Hwy, Wasco, OR 97065 - Biggs-Rufus HWY Property | LoopNet.com quarry behind the 1.5 million for 2.5 million