Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hood River, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize I'm yelling into the void here, but the lack of movement on this SC is disgraceful. No. of Teslas on the road here in Oregon have grown exponentially but our SC capacity is badly lagging. In CA, you can't throw a rock without hitting a SC 15 miles away, meanwhile, here in OR, the Dalles SC is badly overburdened and I84 is effectively shut down in the few instances when the Dalles SC has fully gone down. We need action on this SC ASAP!!
Oregon has a lot of Tesla traffic, locals and pass through. Most is on the west side, almost all. Baker City on the east side has a SC, but mostly void everywhere else. Build them and we will come?

Nav routed me to stop in Hood River vs The Dalles when heading east from portland to Pendleton...probably because every stall was open?

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 119
Fairly disappointing location for me.

McDonald’s still had the lobby closed (no one wants to work? COVID rules seem largely gone in OR) and the Safeway has really pretty crappy bathrooms. Don’t get me wrong, nice to have them, but it’s crappy gas station level. The Starbucks inside the Safeway closes fairly early (6pm I think) and isn’t a company owned location of course.

Worst was both times I stopped there was a homeless person on the corner (maybe same guy, maybe someone different). Both times he was fairly aggressively animated. Made sure to bug me the moment I opened my door to plug in and again when I returned from the Safeway to get in the car. Wildly was waving his arms at times while I was waiting in the car, I assume to get my attention to ask me again for money. Started approaching another vehicle in about 5 spots away from the supercharger where a guy was sitting in his car eating, the guy put his window up as the homeless guy was coming over and the guy then kinda waved to get some attention before returning back to the corner.

Seems like it would really suck in the dark or if you’re a single woman.

It’ll be nice with the second Hood River location, hoping it’s a bit better and maybe closer to the freeway. Also will like the Boardman location so the charge at Hood River can be relatively short (like 15 min instead of 25+).

41 cents a kWh. At least it was last Sunday (May 29). Never got above 75 kW power on a 40 % charged battery. It was 50 F and rainy and i did precondition. 3 empty stalls when i arrived. ALL full when i left. wow! There ARE a lot of Oregon Teslas

Completely cramped location right at the front of an VERY busy outlet mall entrance. backing in whilst cars are trying to get thru? sheesh. i do wonder how Tesla "decides" where these go in. i mean, c'mon it's an intersection! it can't be the only place in the entire lot that has easy power to it? dunno. is it better than The Dalles? um, er, not on this 1st visit for me. I'll report again end of June/4th o' july weekend. THAT should be full, ha!

Agree. We charged at that location on Monday. 41 cents/kWh, and very slow charging speeds for a V3 ( 50-75kW ) with 6 of 8 stalls used. Fortunately, we only needed to get a quick hit to make it home- a 5 min stop. Another issue with this location beyond what's noted above, is that very few of these new chargers are friendly if you're towing something or have a bike rack. We go to Hood River to bike. With our 2 bike hitch mount rack we have to back our car in to "touching" the charger and the cable barely reaches the charge port. If we had our 4 bike rack- no way. I wish Tesla would put in more "side fed" locations or better yet, drive through locations. At Hood River, there's only 2 side fed and they were both full with other Teslas with bike racks. 4 of the 6 cars charging when we were there had bike racks, and one guy had to unload all of his bike and tilt up the rack to charge. Very happy to have the a super charger in Hood River, but wish it was better executed. Maybe Anchor Way, if they build it, will resolve some of these issues.

Reactions: goneskiian