Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hooksett NH Rest Areas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came through Northbound a couple hours after you. The fence around the equipment is nearly complete. Except for the transformer, northbound looks almost done.

I headed south early this evening. They have the covers on the charging pedestals, but no charging cables yet (see below). That's mud on the pavement in the parking spaces (not dirt/gravel that needs to be paved).

At this rate, Hooksett may beat Auburn!
southbound.jpg

Lots of progress since Thurs PM - cables, transformer, and fencing (I wonder if they are going to leave the fence like that or fully enclose it)

- - - Updated - - -

At southbound right now and the transformer is there I believe no wires hanging out.
You won't see any wires - the transformer is wired from below. You can't tell from a casual glance if it's connected or not.

Went by NB about noon today. There were people working on SB yesterday to get it caught up with NB. Both sides have transformers and both look done. There is a large portable generator parked and I was told it will be used for testing them tomorrow (Monday 12/22/14). I asked if that means we can use them starting tomorrow or Tue and they said "No, but we expect to go live right after Christmas and before New Years." It sounded like they might be waiting for a final inspection after the test.

If anyone stops by Hooksett and speaks to the crew, ask if they know anything about the status at Auburn. When I spoke to the foreman 2.5 weeks ago, he said he's done 3-4. I wonder if he was involved with Auburn and knows what the holdup might be.

Anyone notice Hooksett is on the Tesla 'by end of 2014' supercharger map now?

I just noticed that tga noticed a few days ago.
New New England Supercharger Locations - Page 57

Not much chatter on that update...

No surprise really. If you look back on this thread, it's just about finished. At the pace it's been going, it very well could be up and running before Dec. 31, barring no major delays.

Somebody posted on a thread about Auburn, on TeslaMotors, that they charged at Hooksett. Anybody up there confirm?

As of 8:30 PM on dec 27th, the Hookset superchargers are not active.

just stopped again today and no luck.

i stopped every day northbound and southbound since the 24th and i always get the message that there is no power on the cable with the orange light on my charge port. I really really wanted to charge there. I guess they are not powered up yet...

i am leaving tomorrow to go back to Montreal. I guess i won't be able to test again before next trip in the spring...

Thanks Chili-E, I thought there'd be more excitement displayed on the forum if it were up and running. I'm sure someone will report when it's turned on.
At this point I do expect it will be up before Auburn, which is of course a sign-off away. (Probably another 3 weeks if Sagamore is the benchmark for MA.)

i am leaving tomorrow to go back to Montreal. I guess i won't be able to test again before next trip in the spring...
I was wondering about this trip (I have family in Montreal). Can you make it from Hooksett to Montreal (either way) a single charge (w/ mountains and winter), or did you stop somewhere on the way? If so, where?

Last edited: