Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hooksett NH Rest Areas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crossing my fingers that it is actually operational...Going to be traveling up to Wolfeboro, NH from South Carolina this coming weekend and Hooksett is along my route. Last time I made the trip I had to wait forever at the Rhode Island supercharger to get a full charge so I could show up with some charge as I all have at my destination is 120 V. Thank goodness I will have Auburn, Mass available this time if Hooksett isn't really online...

Crossing my fingers that it is actually operational...Going to be traveling up to Wolfeboro, NH from South Carolina this coming weekend and Hooksett is along my route. Last time I made the trip I had to wait forever at the Rhode Island supercharger to get a full charge so I could show up with some charge as I all have at my destination is 120 V. Thank goodness I will have Auburn, Mass available this time if Hooksett isn't really online...

There is charging at the Wolfeboro Inn. I believe it is a HPWC. You may need to be a paying customer to use it though.

There is charging at the Wolfeboro Inn. I believe it is a HPWC. You may need to be a paying customer to use it though.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder! I saw that a couple weeks ago on the Tesla chargers page but forgot about it because it said "for customers only" and was assuming Hooksett would be online by now. Maybe if I called and asked I would get a different answer. I think most people are fine with you using their charger even if you aren't a customer as long as you aren't preventing customers from using it and/or you're willing to pay for use.

Also, if you go to their website it says Tesla owners get a discount for staying there :)

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder! I saw that a couple weeks ago on the Tesla chargers page but forgot about it because it said "for customers only" and was assuming Hooksett would be online by now. Maybe if I called and asked I would get a different answer. I think most people are fine with you using their charger even if you aren't a customer as long as you aren't preventing customers from using it and/or you're willing to pay for use.

Also, if you go to their website it says Tesla owners get a discount for staying there :)

They also have a restaurant and bar. Ask to see if that qualifies as being a customer.

Reactions: chjch
This was me testing out the Hooksett SCs. I work in Salem, NH; if I get time I'll run up there Wednesday or Thursday afternoon to check on them.
I have a couple of appointments in the Hanover area on Thursday morning, so I'm definitely driving through Hooksett and can check for lit Tesla logos and powered up meters on the way. That way I can save you a trip Thursday afternoon if there's clearly no power yet. I'll be in an ICE, so I can't actually try charging.

I have a couple of appointments in the Hanover area on Thursday morning, so I'm definitely driving through Hooksett and can check for lit Tesla logos and powered up meters on the way. That way I can save you a trip Thursday afternoon if there's clearly no power yet. I'll be in an ICE, so I can't actually try charging.

Stopped by this morning on my way to Concord. Still not active.

I'm at southbound now (was at northbound this morning). Still no power. The pedestals are dark, and the meters are blank.

The construction looks done and cleaned up. Transformer and meter are installed on both sides.

No change. Both sides are still dark, as of 5pm. I'll be back through next week; I'll post an update then.

Wow, big car fire in the northbound parking lot right now. Actively being sprayed. Looks to be far from the pumps and any other cars.

Last edited:
Visited Southbound yesterday (Fri. 1/9) at noon. A supervisor from the rest area's construction crew and a technician from the power company were meeting at the (Tesla) transformer cabinet. I learned three things:

1. The underground conduit from the building's HV transformer to Tesla's HV transformer (about 30 feet long, I would guess) was then empty.
2. It might be about a 4-hour job to pull those cables.
3. Northbound is schduled to go online Tuesday (Jan.13), with Southbound "soon" (there's that word again!) after.

Disclaimer: The last time I spoke with a crew at Southbound, they told me that Northbound would open January 5th.

Progress!

I just left the Northbound rest area. There were a couple of PSNH bucket trucks and an electrician's van there. They just finished running the HV wires from the transformer up the pole. The wires at the top of the pole are not yet connected to the mains.

I spoke to one of the contractors and he said it may be another day or two before the power is on; he wasn't sure of the final schedule. Next they are going across the street to the Southbound area.

He did tell me Northbound will have its own feed (obvious from the pictures), so they don't have to kill power to the main building to power up the superchargers.
2015-01-13 11.28.43.jpg

2015-01-13 11.30.35.jpg

Last edited:
. . . . The wires at the top of the pole are not yet connected to the mains. . . ./QUOTE]

By the looks of that second picture, they're honoring Nikola Tesla by delivering the power wirelessly.

- - - Updated - - -

. . . . The wires at the top of the pole are not yet connected to the mains. . . .

By the looks of that second picture, they're honoring Nikola Tesla by delivering the power wirelessly.

On another subject, I don't seem to have "Edit post" and "Delete post" buttons. Are these for full Members only? Isn't a newbie like me more apt to need them?

Live free and Supercharge in New Hampshire! Southbound in Hooksett is now active. The electricians said that the Northbound side should be ready on Thursday. Currently charging at pedestal 1B. The rate looks good. Range miles now show at 200, adding 156 mi/hr.