Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hope, BC - Klassen Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new 250kw supercharger has popped up in Hope, BC.
E3C6rU8WUAcfYLO.jpeg

12 stalls located at 19700 Klassen Rd by the Esso station.

Funny, the Grey pin (target opening Q3) on the Tesla's map is covered by the Red pin. You have to zoom in really close to see it. From the looks of it that location may be open ahead of schedule. I find it interesting they are doing this site now when it's so close to another location, when their are so many sites further east of that area that need to be completed just for basic traveling.

Funny, the Grey pin (target opening Q3) on the Tesla's map is covered by the Red pin. You have to zoom in really close to see it. From the looks of it that location may be open ahead of schedule. I find it interesting they are doing this site now when it's so close to another location, when their are so many sites further east of that area that need to be completed just for basic traveling.
Yeah many planned superchargers in the interior of the province that once complete will really open up travel to the region. Also, Chilliwack to the west would really help density along Hwy 1.

From the conditions around the current Hope BC site and the super easy access to this new one, I would guess the old site will be closed down.
More than likely, the old site will be re-developed by the property owners who probably wanted it back.
The 150kW chargers at the old site were never that fast.... as many people can attest.
So 12 x 250kW will be a lot better as the 250kW seem to be a lot more reliable in getting full speed charging.

Also, this is a great excuse to skip Abbotsford again... LOL😄

Reactions: J569
Strange one,

The address even for the Esso card lock is the same, which is what I already have in this edit. I even right click on this location to grab the GPS coordinates. But in Supercharge.info it still loads it up on the other side of the road on the mobile app Supercharge.info

But on the website it is loading the correct place now.

From the conditions around the current Hope BC site and the super easy access to this new one, I would guess the old site will be closed down.
More than likely, the old site will be re-developed by the property owners who probably wanted it back.
The 150kW chargers at the old site were never that fast.... as many people can attest.
So 12 x 250kW will be a lot better as the 250kW seem to be a lot more reliable in getting full speed charging.

Also, this is a great excuse to skip Abbotsford again... LOL😄
I kind of liked stopping in Hope to supercharge. Otherwise I never would have found out about the Rambo statue in the center town.

Reactions: CalBlue 85D
yes I agree southeastern BC in serious need of supercharger love. I guess I still have to hold onto my chademo adapter for awhile.
Please, someone put some air tags on the contractor trucks so we can track them better. no one needs to know but us.

Last edited:
Yeah, although the area of town of the old supercharger in Hope was dated, it was walking distance to a few reasonable cafes/delis. Also reasonably close to other fast food if you wanted to pick some up and eat in the car while you waited. Are there good food options near the new location?

Reactions: PStewart
Yeah, although the area of town of the old supercharger in Hope was dated, it was walking distance to a few reasonable cafes/delis. Also reasonably close to other fast food if you wanted to pick some up and eat in the car while you waited. Are there good food options near the new location?

According to Google, at this same location there's a Ricky's All Day Grill Restaurant and Convenience Store at the Esso Gas Station. Other than that, there's a huge Esso Truck Commercial Cardlock. It's a more convenient location for outgoing and incoming Highway 1 traffic, but now you bypass Hope city center and its cultural points of interest. No comment on if that's a good or bad thing, just stating the points.

Attachments

• hope1.jpg
    hope1.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: PStewart