Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hope, BC - Klassen Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photos (curtesy of Dale Monrad):

undefined

New Hope Superchargers

Did you get any sense of the new layout? Will the new stalls be along the existing eastern curb or does it seem like they are going to extend a peninsula/island out into the lot across from the existing row of stalls?

I hope for the latter option. The current lot is too wide open and people rip through it. It's a lot of wasted open asphalt.

Has anyone seen both Hope locations close to full (in person or on the nav)? I almost wonder if the expansion was part of the existing permit, so long as it was complete within a year. Also, is 12 more stalls just a guess? The corner they are digging in looks like it would be lucky to fit 8.

Did you get any sense of the new layout? Will the new stalls be along the existing eastern curb or does it seem like they are going to extend a peninsula/island out into the lot across from the existing row of stalls?
I could not tell. The entire corner of that parking lot has torn up. I could not envision how 12 new stalls will fit.

Has anyone seen both Hope locations close to full (in person or on the nav)? I almost wonder if the expansion was part of the existing permit, so long as it was complete within a year. Also, is 12 more stalls just a guess? The corner they are digging in looks like it would be lucky to fit 8.
My understanding is that some of the new chargers will extend onto the other side of the exit gap.

Not necessarily at the same time, but yeah, I've seen both chargers being full. Last Canada Day (just before the 12 Klassen Road ones opened) was a nightmare at the downtown location!

I stopped in a couple of hours ago to take a look. Didn't take any pics because it was dark. Not totally sure, but my best guess is they are adding 12 new stalls for a total of 24. 2 being added to the current set of 12 and then 10 more will face that row of 14. There's also another pad (off to the right when facing the current stalls) that might be where the new cabinets will go? I couldn't totally make heads or tails of the current pad, but all I could count there were the 3 cabinets which must feed the current 12 stalls, so they must be putting 3 new cabinets somewhere...

excellent point......and that's why I don't go to that location anymore because they throttled the speed so much it's useless and expensive, like 30kw
Some of the fastest supercharging speeds I've ever had have been in Hope. Maybe there was something going on during your last visit? If I run into issues on my upcoming trip through there I'll report back.

Also, was this the old/original site or the new site?

Some of the fastest supercharging speeds I've ever had have been in Hope. Maybe there was something going on during your last visit? If I run into issues on my upcoming trip through there I'll report back.

Also, was this the old/original site or the new site?
it was a few months ago. the new site is more expensive and slow so I go to the old site now and is usually is the advertised speeds depending on SOC. It might be fine now due to complaints (mobile tech) said it was an issue too so tesla was obviously aware of it. at 30kw and .56/minute it was more expensive than gas so wouldn't surprise me if they were forced to provide the advertised juice