Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hope, BC - Klassen Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was the charge normal? I noticed this at about 5:00 today.
View attachment 816806
I charged there a few days ago and it was fine. I believe the "Reduced service" is because some of the original stalls are blocked. It was originally 12 stalls and right now something like 8 or 10 are available (I thought it was 8 in person, but the Nav screenshot says 10). No big deal unless you are traveling at a busy time.

View attachment 816622
Official Tesla Owners of BC (Vancouver, Lower Mainland & GVRD) - Derek Lai

On a side-note, wow gas is a lot cheaper outside of the GVRD! (Not that this applies to any of us of course, but I couldn't help notice the 219.9 while locally yesterday I think was around 10c more. EDIT: while 10c doesn't sound that huge, on a 60L tank that's still a $6 per fill difference. Those add up over time.

My in car nav currently shows the Klassen Road Supercharger location with what appears to me to be a “closed” symbol, the pop up window shows “reduced service” but I am charging there right now at a normal rate. Still lots of construction activity going on, they are pulling cable to the new pedestals. I asked a worker if the location was open for charging and he said it was. No other Teslas here though, probably because the in car nav is routing everyone to the Fraser Ave location.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Thinking about this, I wonder if Tesla might upgrade the original Hope site to V3 once they have all these new stalls open at Hope 2. That would be pretty excellent. The less excellent possibility is that Hope 1 closes.
They haven't been doing this in similar situations in the US. I'm not sure if upgrading is all that much easier than just building a new one (might help quite a bit if they can avoid permitting and local utility delays however). If that is the case, then obviously we'd rather keep the old ones and build a new one somewhere nearby.

See post #101 above
Thanks, I was just noting that the “reduced service” warning is still in effect but charging remains available.

Here is the current state of construction.

9BDC065D-5D17-4866-8DB5-72AD0A257A6B.jpeg

They're here working hard on a Sunday. There are crews working on the pedestals and in the cabinets.

IMG_20220619_102816.jpg

I didn't look at the peak charging rate because I ran into the bathroom after plugging in but it seems to be working normally. The huge bright red "CLOSED SUPERCHARGER ON YOUR ROUTE" banner at the top of my navigation info box the entire drive here from the coast was certainly not reassuring and not really accurate either.

In addition to above, now that all the new pedestals are installed it's clear they're adding stalls on either side of the new "peninsula" they've constructed. Roughly half the new stalls will face the old ones and the others will face the exit.

I'm happy about this. Beyond the added capacity, that big open lot was a free for all. This will slow traffic and route it much nicer.

They really got those in fast! That just shows how much waiting is usually for the utility power connection. Interesting they had a big enough service to run nearly double the pedestals.
Perhaps the expansion was anticipated, both in terms of transformer capacity and maybe even part of the agreement with the landlord. That should be part of the consideration for any site, especially on high traffic routes, unless future expansion is precluded by the size of the parking lot.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung