Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hope BC

lestager

Tesla McQueen
May 31, 2019
Kelowna, BC Canada
A new 250kw supercharger has popped up in Hope, BC.
E3C6rU8WUAcfYLO.jpeg

12 stalls located at 19700 Klassen Rd by the Esso station.

DMC5180

Oct 13, 2018
Reedsburg, WI
Funny, the Grey pin (target opening Q3) on the Tesla's map is covered by the Red pin. You have to zoom in really close to see it. From the looks of it that location may be open ahead of schedule. I find it interesting they are doing this site now when it's so close to another location, when their are so many sites further east of that area that need to be completed just for basic traveling.

J569

Apr 3, 2021
North Carolina
Funny, the Grey pin (target opening Q3) on the Tesla's map is covered by the Red pin. You have to zoom in really close to see it. From the looks of it that location may be open ahead of schedule. I find it interesting they are doing this site now when it's so close to another location, when their are so many sites further east of that area that need to be completed just for basic traveling.
Yeah many planned superchargers in the interior of the province that once complete will really open up travel to the region. Also, Chilliwack to the west would really help density along Hwy 1.

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
Only just! Got approved last week :) Figured I'd help out with the BC locations
Google Maps puts this address on the south side of the Transcanada Highway, while the supercharge.info pin has it on the north side. Based on the shadows in the pic, Google Maps is correct and the supercharge.info pin needs to be updated.

wdelacruz

Apr 28, 2018
Surrey
From the conditions around the current Hope BC site and the super easy access to this new one, I would guess the old site will be closed down.
More than likely, the old site will be re-developed by the property owners who probably wanted it back.
The 150kW chargers at the old site were never that fast.... as many people can attest.
So 12 x 250kW will be a lot better as the 250kW seem to be a lot more reliable in getting full speed charging.

Also, this is a great excuse to skip Abbotsford again... LOL😄

Reactions: J569

lestager

Tesla McQueen
May 31, 2019
Kelowna, BC Canada
Google Maps puts this address on the south side of the Transcanada Highway, while the supercharge.info pin has it on the north side. Based on the shadows in the pic, Google Maps is correct and the supercharge.info pin needs to be updated.
Thank you! I put in the address I was given, but I’ll adjust the Pin

Reactions: PLUS EV

lestager

Tesla McQueen
May 31, 2019
Kelowna, BC Canada
Strange one,

The address even for the Esso card lock is the same, which is what I already have in this edit. I even right click on this location to grab the GPS coordinates. But in Supercharge.info it still loads it up on the other side of the road on the mobile app Supercharge.info

But on the website it is loading the correct place now.

nick010101

Apr 30, 2021
Vancouver
From the conditions around the current Hope BC site and the super easy access to this new one, I would guess the old site will be closed down.
More than likely, the old site will be re-developed by the property owners who probably wanted it back.
The 150kW chargers at the old site were never that fast.... as many people can attest.
So 12 x 250kW will be a lot better as the 250kW seem to be a lot more reliable in getting full speed charging.

Also, this is a great excuse to skip Abbotsford again... LOL😄
I kind of liked stopping in Hope to supercharge. Otherwise I never would have found out about the Rambo statue in the center town.

Reactions: CalBlue 85D

nick010101

Apr 30, 2021
Vancouver
yes I agree southeastern BC in serious need of supercharger love. I guess I still have to hold onto my chademo adapter for awhile.
Please, someone put some air tags on the contractor trucks so we can track them better. no one needs to know but us.

Last edited:

stonelance

Jul 26, 2018
Seattle
Yeah, although the area of town of the old supercharger in Hope was dated, it was walking distance to a few reasonable cafes/delis. Also reasonably close to other fast food if you wanted to pick some up and eat in the car while you waited. Are there good food options near the new location?

Reactions: PStewart

NSTM3

Jan 1, 2021
North Shore, BC
Yeah, although the area of town of the old supercharger in Hope was dated, it was walking distance to a few reasonable cafes/delis. Also reasonably close to other fast food if you wanted to pick some up and eat in the car while you waited. Are there good food options near the new location?

According to Google, at this same location there's a Ricky's All Day Grill Restaurant and Convenience Store at the Esso Gas Station. Other than that, there's a huge Esso Truck Commercial Cardlock. It's a more convenient location for outgoing and incoming Highway 1 traffic, but now you bypass Hope city center and its cultural points of interest. No comment on if that's a good or bad thing, just stating the points.

Attachments

• hope1.jpg
    hope1.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: PStewart

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
I can't see why you'd want to get rid of the old location. If you do, you're just going to have to expand or build another one in Hope a year from now. All the major highways funnel into Hope so it is a key location. Having two options, one on each side of the highway, is a good thing.

Jack007

Oct 17, 2016
Calgary AB
Waste of money, should build out where there are no superchargers. Or at least first. I do like the sign reminding us how much we DON'T have to pay for gas :D

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC