Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Horsham (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well they should hurry up with it. It's been there for a good while now. It's in a good location though, with access up the Hume and to the ski fields.

Best reason to build it is so that the sled can be moved elsewhere!

I had thought previously that sleds would be a good way to quickly increase short term Supercharger coverage, you could deploy them in a few days should suitable sites and electrical connections could be found. Might be even easier to find sled locations if you wound down the supercharger to a maximum rate of 60kW or 80kW total for instance. As the main corridors are completed, move them to less frequently travelled routes.

My only reason that I see Tesla not doing this is that they may want to make sure they will have a permanent location nearby so has not to get everyone "used to" a location that might overtherwuse dissapear. Minor issue if you ask me.

Reactions: BenT
When I saw this article pop up I thought it was just a response to Tesla's updated map - but there is new information!

Tesla sports car ‘supercharger’ coming to Horsham

Tesla’s current nominated location for the supercharger site is either 120 or 124 Wilson Street, Horsham, which is mostly vacant land next to a dry cleaners, Kmart and Woolworths on the Wimmera Highway.

And amusingly enough:

Tesla enthusiasts have speculated since November last year that the company would soon build a supercharger in Horsham.

So I've now created a loop between the two :p

I've sent this through to supercharge.info so they can update.

Reactions: mike_j and bradjc
When I saw this article pop up I thought it was just a response to Tesla's updated map - but there is new information!

Tesla sports car ‘supercharger’ coming to Horsham

And amusingly enough:

So I've now created a loop between the two :p

I've sent this through to supercharge.info so they can update.

Nice spotting! There is an abundance of car parking out the back of that K-Mart and had thought it could be a good spot if Tesla claimed a small section for chargers. Building a car park/ charging station on an empty block isn't the usual way they tend to go about it, but the location is pretty good! Not on the main route to Adelaide, but 1 min off it and a short walk to the centre of town. Hope they break ground soon!

Not sure that this is the actual location or just a place holder. This has come from the Tesla find us site. As stated by Tesla "
  • Target opening by end of 2017
    Exact timing and specific location may vary"

Can anyone verify any of the new locations via DA or actual quote from Tesla employee? Note Keith shows as in what looks like a public park. I thought Chuq had an address for this but I cannot find at the moment.

Find Us | Tesla Australia

@RichardMcN and Greg from AEVA are there tonight - nothing happening!

horsham-aug5-1.jpg horsham-aug5-2.jpg

Apparently it's a bit cold there tonight :-O Thanks Richard & Greg!

Yes, walking over a mile in about zero degrees with a 50km/h breeze (wind chill factor = - 50 deg C) while Tessie charges happily back at the hotel!

Appreciate the effort fellas! Only wish you were rewarded with some signs of progress, looked a bit quiet there. A bit over 4 months to go and they have that whole site to be built, so guessing we won’t see it completed by end of 2017...

It really only takes a couple of weeks to build a supercharger once they get underway, plus a bit of coordination with the power authority to commission it, so plenty of time as yet for all of the sites slated for 2017 to potentially be done.

The difference is that this one is part of a retail complex.

Still, they could put a temporary two bay one there. Or do what they did at Heatherbrae, build the SCs even though the hotel itself had further work to do.

Reactions: bradjc