Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Horsham (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a quick recce of the site today and there is no sign of any progress. The area is fenced off but nothing going on, grass hasn't been mowed for several months. Went exploring and the only thing of any note was what looked like a fairly new Powercor install in the town hall car park... maybe a good place for a Supercharger sled. If they are going with a sled for Horsham though there are plenty of places to choose from, there was even a derelict servo that'd be pretty cool to "upgrade" :)

IMG_20170910_140311.jpg IMG_20170910_140339.jpg

Reactions: bradjc
Interesting find @srwx . I think it is likely Horsham will get a sled for the time being. The main reason being the fact that the primary location is tied into construction of a larger outlet, which will have longer lead times, and various other possible roadblocks, etc. before anything happens.

Had a quick recce of the site today and there is no sign of any progress. The area is fenced off but nothing going on, grass hasn't been mowed for several months. Went exploring and the only thing of any note was what looked like a fairly new Powercor install in the town hall car park... maybe a good place for a Supercharger sled. If they are going with a sled for Horsham though there are plenty of places to choose from, there was even a derelict servo that'd be pretty cool to "upgrade" :)

View attachment 246801 View attachment 246802

That looks like an expensive transformer for a sled.

Quick recce = 4 hour round trip drive...nice effort! :cool:

I'd like to do a trip from Melbourne to Adelaide and have been holding off until the SC'ers are in place....however in saying that I don't really need a SC in Adelaide (can use the destination charger in the hotel we'll be staying at) and we're happy (actually the wife insists) to stay in Horsham over night so the plan was to wait until Keith came online....

Am I right to assume I could drive from:

Melbourne to Ballarat - charge up SC
Ballarat to Horsham - stay over might in a hotel/motel with a destination charger
Horsham to Keith - charge up on SC
Keith to Adelaide - use destination charger in hotel whilst in Adelaide

or

Melbourne to Ballarat - charge up SC
Ballarat to Horsham - charge up on SC - lunch/break
Horsham to Keith - stay over might in a hotel/motel with a destination charger
Keith to Adelaide - use destination charger in hotel whilst in Adelaide

So does anyone know if either Keith (preference) or Horsham will be getting SC's any time soon?

Am I missing something and I have the above all wrong in my head? I am drive a S70....

Thanks - ECOCloudIT

You must have missed all the hullabaloo about the Melbourne/Adelaide route for next week's Hornsdale event I guess :)
Hopefully by the end of next week both Horsham and Keith will have Superchargers (temporary in Horsham), that's supposedly Tesla's aim. In which case either of your plans will work, and indeed you could probably drive straight through in a day. Horsham has nicer accommodation if you do want to stay overnight, and the Keith supercharger will be permanent and open soon even if it does miss the deadline for next week's event.

Passing through Horsham and on the look out for the temporary sled Supercharger but can’t find anything of my brief cruise around town. Must be hiding or they better get cracking if it’s going to be ready in a few days. No work started yet as previously reported at the proposed permanent site:

8B2D2F84-0C96-47C7-A8AF-67BBF80856F8.jpeg