Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Horsham (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a good snoop while I was there over the weekend, I have a family contact there that is involved with council and knows everything that comes and goes in town, and they had no idea. I had a look at all the obvious choices for a location and no sign of anything. I feel like it needs to happen in the next day or two or I'll need to find another option when I pass through there on Thursday. I'm sure they'll surprise us with a pop up location at the last minute!

I had a good snoop while I was there over the weekend, I have a family contact there that is involved with council and knows everything that comes and goes in town, and they had no idea. I had a look at all the obvious choices for a location and no sign of anything. I feel like it needs to happen in the next day or two or I'll need to find another option when I pass through there on Thursday. I'm sure they'll surprise us with a pop up location at the last minute!
How many sled chargers does Tesla Australia have? Do they have to use the Euroa charger or is there another sled?

She was going to ask at the tourist Info centre, any other ideas?
The Clare Supercharger was installed in the same location as an existing destination charger. If Tesla already had a relationship with the destination charger owner this may have facilitated the rapid construction at Clare. It might be worth looking at the 2 hotels that have existing destination chargers to see if there are any signs that they might host an SC sled.

My daughter asked her work mates if anyone had noticed Tesla chargers being installed anywhere in town;- negative to that.
No sign of any activity at 120/124 Wilson St Horsham site.
She called in at the Visitor Info Centre, they made some calls and came back blank re supercharges being installed anywhere in Horsham.
The visitor center called the international motel and they have 2 destination chargers, cost to charge is now $20.
My daughter will call in and have a look in the town hall carpark later this evening.
She will also do a drive by of the above two sites each day and keep her ears open for any activity until the end of the week.

Reactions: bradjc
How many sled chargers does Tesla Australia have? Do they have to use the Euroa charger or is there another sled?

Not sure, it's the only one I'm aware of. Makes sense it's the Euroa sled because it's not far away and the permanent charger seems close to done, so will know longer be needed there. I've emailed Tesla for confirmation of the route being ready, waiting to see if they'll divulge any info before it just appears on the in car map!

Not sure, it's the only one I'm aware of. Makes sense it's the Euroa sled because it's not far away and the permanent charger seems close to done, so will know longer be needed there. I've emailed Tesla for confirmation of the route being ready, waiting to see if they'll divulge any info before it just appears on the in car map!
Coffs harbour has a sled as well. The key thing to think about with a sled is you need a business/location that has pretty decent connection to the grid that is available. Perhaps a redundant business that had large motorised equipment, a milling shop or timber mill(I have no idea what is in, or was in Horsham?

• Informative
Reactions: BenT

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-26_12-13-55.png
    upload_2017-9-26_12-13-55.png
    45 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: mike_j and lennier
Here it is, Its off Park St not Wilson St as per the supercharger details on the Tesla site.
Someone was charging when my daughter took the photo. its two stalls.
I her defence she doesn't think it was there yesterday but could not be sure as she entered the site from Wilson St on her last look around.View attachment 250039

Great work @MacRocket ! That was the obvious spot for it I guess and I did check there the other day but saw nothing. They don’t muck around do they!

Reactions: Attica04