Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Houston, TX - Westheimer Road (Galleria)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New permit at TDLR for Superchargers in the garage at the Houston Galleria. Assume it'll be urban Superchargers since it's in a garage. Scheduled to be complete 4/1/2021.

TDLR TABS - Project Details

Project Name:
Tesla EV Charging - Houston, TX (Galleria)
Project Number:
TABS2021003277
Facility Name:
Galleria IV
Location Address:
5135 1/2 W. Alabama Street
Houston, TX 77056
Location County:
Harris
Start Date:
2/1/2021
Completion Date:
4/1/2021
Estimated Cost:
$275,000
Type of Work:
New Construction
Type of Funds:
This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:
Installation of Tesla EV Charging Station within existing parking garage. Location on grade level of parking garage.
Square Footage:
4,800 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant?
No
Current Status:
Project Registered

@MarcoRP @Chuq

New permit at TDLR for Superchargers in the garage at the Houston Galleria. Assume it'll be urban Superchargers since it's in a garage. Scheduled to be complete 4/1/2021.

TDLR TABS - Project Details

Project Name:
Tesla EV Charging - Houston, TX (Galleria)
Project Number:
TABS2021003277
Facility Name:
Galleria IV
Location Address:
5135 1/2 W. Alabama Street
Houston, TX 77056.......
@MarcoRP @Chuq
So, this is probably related to the new Service center opening up in Houston where there will be v3 Superchargers. Right now the showroom at the galleria has superchargers at it that are not for public use. Which means these chargers will be in the public parking lot of the now Galleria Tesla showroom.

So, this is probably related to the new Service center opening up in Houston where there will be v3 Superchargers. Right now the showroom at the galleria has superchargers at it that are not for public use. Which means these chargers will be in the public parking lot of the now Galleria Tesla showroom.
No, there is going to be a new set of public superchargers at the Galleria (hence the address on West Alabama). These have been listed as coming soon for close to a year on Tesla's supercharger map.

The new Westchase Service Center is at 9633 Westheimer. Discussion here:
Supercharger - Houston Westheimer Road

No, there is going to be a new set of public superchargers at the Galleria (hence the address on West Alabama). These have been listed as coming soon for close to a year on Tesla's supercharger map.

The new Westchase Service Center is at 9633 Westheimer. Discussion here:
Supercharger - Houston Westheimer Road
I got news for ya, the Galleria has been listed for several years on Tesla's coming soon map.

Yes, many superchargers are listed for years before they are finally built. That doesn’t change the fact that permit for the location on West Alabama is for the Galleria and the permit for the location further down Westheimer at Gessner is for the new Westchase Service Center. I actually spoke to a guy who works for Tesla at the Westheimer location and he confirmed this. Also said these (at service center) should have at least some V3 chargers.

Yes, many superchargers are listed for years before they are finally built. That doesn’t change the fact that permit for the location on West Alabama is for the Galleria and the permit for the location further down Westheimer at Gessner is for the new Westchase Service Center. I actually spoke to a guy who works for Tesla at the Westheimer location and he confirmed this. Also said these (at service center) should have at least some V3 chargers.
I think we're getting confused a little here. There are currently superchargers built into the public parking lot of the galleria Tesla design center. They don't let the public use them. I'm saying these are probably what they're going to just open up to the public when the west chase design/service center opens up. I imagine they will move the design center out of the galleria.

I think we're getting confused a little here. There are currently superchargers built into the public parking lot of the galleria Tesla design center. They don't let the public use them. I'm saying these are probably what they're going to just open up to the public when the west chase design/service center opens up. I imagine they will move the design center out of the galleria.
I agree that they probably will open those up, but I was told that they are also installing additional superchargers at the Galleria.

The private Tesla chargers in the Galleria parking garage (Green garage) are destination chargers NOT superchargers.